Learn whether you meet the basic eligibility criteria to apply for federal and state financial aid. This information applies to all students, whether you’re an undergraduate or graduate student. You can also find important information here on the requirements you need to meet in order to maintain and renew any Stevens scholarships and grants you receive. If you have any questions about your eligibility, don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance.
Eligibility Requirements for Federal & State Financial Aid
Federal and state guidelines require you to meet certain eligibility requirements to qualify for financial aid. In order to apply, you must:
- Be admitted at Stevens Institute of Technology as a degree-seeking student.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Be enrolled and attending courses. (Federal programs have varying enrollment requirements; check for details.)
- Be in good standing (i.e., not in default) on any and all other federal student loans.
- Be registered with the Selective Service if you’re male. You may register here
Eligibility for Stevens Undergraduate Aid
Stevens scholarships may have additional requirements. Be sure to review the different requirements for merit-based scholarships and need-based grants. All Stevens scholarship recipients who are returning students must meet the university’s requirements for Satisfactory Academic Progress in order to renew your scholarship.