We know that sometimes, when all other sources of aid have been exhausted, a little extra support can make all the difference. That’s why we’re proud to offer The Stevens Grant every year as a form of special assistance to students with financial need.
Who Receives The Stevens Grant?
If all possible sources of grants and scholarships have been applied to your financial aid package and you still demonstrate a high financial need, Stevens may decide to award you The Stevens Grant. This type of assistance is only available to full-time undergraduates, and if you are awarded the grant, your eligibility is reassessed each year based on your financial need and annual FAFSA submission.
How Do I Apply?
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can file the FAFSA as early as January 1, and the priority deadline for incoming students is February 15 and April 15 for returning students.
- Complete the CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE®, a single online form that allows you to apply for scholarships from over 300 colleges. Remember, we will only receive your form if you add Stevens Institute of Technology as a college in your PROFILE® using CSS school code number 2819.
How Does The Stevens Grant Renew?
To renew The Stevens Grant, you must meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards each year. The amount of The Stevens Grant may change in any given year if your family’s financial circumstances change significantly when you file the FAFSA. If your FAFSA information does not change significantly and you meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards, you will usually see The Stevens Grant remain constant, provided you meet the FAFSA filing priority deadline of April 15.
Am I Eligible?
To receive The Stevens Grant, you must:
- Demonstrate significant financial need.
- Be an admitted, degree-seeking student at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Be a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- Be registered with Selective Service, if you are male.
- Be enrolled and attending courses full-time.
- Be in good standing with any federal student loans.
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress standards for grant renewal.
- Important Dates
- October 1: Incoming students can complete their CSS PROFILE® and FAFSA as early as this date.
- November 1: CSS PROFILE® deadline for Early Decision I incoming students
- December 1: CSS PROFILE® deadline for Early Decision II incoming students
- February 15: CSS PROFILE® deadline for Early Decision II regular decision incoming students
- February 15: FAFSA priority filing deadline for incoming students
- April 15: FAFSA priority filing deadline for returning students
*Click here for state of NJ (HESAA) deadline information.