Stevens awards several merit scholarships every year to our most outstanding students. You are automatically considered for Stevens merit scholarships when you are admitted; no additional application is needed, with a few exceptions listed below.
Merit scholarships range between $5,000 and full tuition (scholarships may not exceed the cost of tuition). If you receive a Stevens merit scholarship, it may be renewed every year, for a total of eight full-time undergraduate semesters, as long as you meet all of the renewal requirements.
How Do I Apply for Stevens Scholarships?
Complete the application for admission to Stevens on time. Most Stevens scholarships do not require a separate application, but check the list of scholarships below for a few exceptions.
What Scholarships Are Offered?
The Ann P. Neupauer Scholarship
This scholarship is Stevens’ most prestigious academic honor, named in honor of the late Mrs. Neupauer, a generous friend of the university. This is a four-year, full tuition scholarship for undergraduate students. This scholarship is renewable for a total of eight full-time, undergraduate semesters, as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
The Edwin A. Stevens Scholarship
This scholarship is named in honor of the founder of Stevens Institute of Technology. It is awarded to students who have a record of excellence in high school, as evidenced by their transcripts, standardized test scores, and recommendations. The Edwin A. Stevens Scholarship is granted for four years (or eight full-time semesters) of undergraduate study and is renewable as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress.
The FIRST Scholarship
If you participated on a FIRST team during your junior or senior year of high school, you may be eligible for a merit-based scholarship of $6,000 per year. The FIRST Scholarship is renewable for a total of eight full-time undergraduate semesters as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress. This scholarship requires an additional application which must be submitted by the deadline for the decision plan a student selects. Incoming first-year students who wish to apply can visit the FIRST website for more information: https://www.firstinspires.org/scholarships
The Martha Bayard Stevens Scholarship
This scholarship is available to outstanding young women pursuing any field of study at Stevens. It is based on high academic achievement and leadership. The Martha Bayard Stevens Scholarship is granted for four years (or eight full-time semesters) of undergraduate study and is renewable as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress.
The Presidential Scholarship
The Presidential Scholarship is a prestigious achievement for students who demonstrate academic excellence as evidenced by their transcripts, standardized test scores, and recommendations. This scholarship is renewable for eight full-time, undergraduate semesters as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.2.
The Clark Scholarship
The Clark Scholarship provides support for students participating in the A. James Clark Scholars program. The Clark Scholars Program is an invitation-only program for exceptional, high-achieving students who exhibit a passion for "making a difference". Invitations are extended only at the time of admission. This scholarship is renewable for eight full-time undergraduate semesters providing the scholar continues to meet the academic and service requirements of the program, full-time enrollment, satisfactory academic progress, and a minimum GPA of 3.2. As eligibility for the Clark Scholars Program has a financial need component, Clark Scholars are required to file both the FAFSA and the CSS Profile by the established deadlines each year.
The ROTC Matching Scholarship
Stevens students who receive ROTC Scholarships of $7,500 or more will receive an additional supplemental scholarship from Stevens. This additional amount will be the full difference between the ROTC Scholarship (plus any other merit scholarships and grants) and the cost of tuition. This scholarship is only available during semesters in which you are eligible to receive the ROTC Scholarship.
Stevens grants a limited number of Global Scholarships each year to international students for exceptional academic merit. International students who wish to be considered for institutional scholarship must submit the CSS PROFILE on the College Board website. We will notify you if you receive a Global Scholarship. This scholarship is renewable for eight full-time undergraduate semesters as long as you meet satisfactory academic progress.
What Other Scholarships Are Available?
We strongly encourage you to research other scholarships that you may be eligible for through FastWEB, the largest and most complete scholarship database on the Internet. You can search more than 400,000 scholarships, fellowships, grants and loans with FastWEB’s customizable filters and search criteria.
For more information about outside awards, please follow the link to our list of preferred websites: Outside Scholarships.
Am I Eligible?
To receive a Stevens merit scholarship, you must:
- Be an admitted, degree-seeking student at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Be enrolled in a degree program and attending courses full time.
- Meet the Satisfactory Academic Progress and specific merit scholarship renewal requirements (if applicable) in order to renew your scholarship if you are a returning student.
What Are the Scholarship Rules?
- Only incoming students are considered for Stevens merit scholarships.
- Merit scholarships are for tuition only, unless otherwise noted.
- Merit scholarships require full-time attendance.
- If your Stevens merit scholarship is cancelled or reduced, it will not be automatically reinstated, even if you meet the minimum standards for renewal later.
- If you receive a Stevens merit scholarship as well as a scholarship from a source outside of Stevens, the sum total of your scholarships cannot exceed the cost of tuition for the year. Your Stevens merit scholarship will be reduced if your scholarships total more than the cost of tuition. If you receive an outside award that is equal to full tuition, the Stevens merit scholarship will be cancelled.
- Your merit scholarship may be renewed for a maximum of eight full-time undergraduate semesters.
- October 1: Incoming students can complete their CSS PROFILE® and FAFSA as early as this date.
- December 1: CSS PROFILE® and FAFSA deadline for Early Decision incoming students
- January 15: CSS PROFILE® and FAFSA deadline for Early Decision II incoming students
- February 15: CSS PROFILE® and FAFSA deadline for regular decision incoming students
- April 15: FAFSA priority filing deadline for returning students
*Click here for state of NJ (HESAA) deadline information.