Stevens does not assume responsibility for the care and protection of a motor vehicle or its contents while the vehicle is parked on campus. Parking is restricted to valid permit holders during stated operating hours.
The following guidelines apply to all Stevens students, employees, visitors, contractors, and vendors, except for emergency vehicles. The guidelines are established to promote safety, facilitate the proper parking, stopping, and standing of vehicles on campus, and to ensure the well-being of students and employees. These guidelines may be amended or added to, from time to time, at the sole discretion of Stevens Institute of Technology.
1. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle in a fire lane
2. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle in a parking space reserved for an ambulance
3. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle in front of, or 20 feet on either side of, a fire hydrant
4. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle in such a way that obstructs a driveway, gate, crosswalk, building entrance, or path necessary for travel by people with disabilities or temporary mobility limitations
5. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle on a roadway, walkway, or sidewalk
6. No person shall park or stand a motor vehicle in the Howe Center traffic circle
7. No person shall park, stop, or stand a motor vehicle in a loading zone for more than 20 minutes, except with permission from Stevens Police
8. No person shall idle a motor vehicle
Parking is enforced pursuant to Hoboken Municipal Code and Title 39 of the New Jersey Revised Statutes. Stevens Police issue New Jersey state summonses for parking violations that occur on campus. These summonses are governed by state and municipal laws. Summonses may not be appealed to the Stevens Administration or Stevens Police. Appeals of summonses received for parking violations committed on campus must be presented to the Hoboken Municipal Court. Parking fines are listed on the summonses and are governed by New Jersey state and municipal laws.
Agents designated by Stevens have the authority to tow, at the vehicle owner’s expense, any vehicle illegally stopped or parked in such a manner as to be:
1. Endangering life and property
2. Occupying a fire lane
3. Occupying a loading zone for more than 20 minutes without prior authorization
4. Blocking an area reserved for a special event, as designated by signage or Stevens Police
5. Occupying a parking space in an unauthorized lot
6. Occupying an unauthorized parking space
7. Obstructing the flow of traffic
8. Obstructing a path necessary for travel by people with disabilities or temporary mobility limitations
9. Occupying a parking space without a valid parking permit