Stevens Campus Police reserve the right to close campus roadways for construction projects, emergencies, or special events. It is the responsibility of Stevens community members and their visitors to be aware of and adhere to all closure announcements. Closure announcements supersede information found on this page.
Stevens does not assume responsibility for the care and protection of a motor vehicle or its contents while the vehicle is operated on campus.
The following guidelines apply to the operation of motor vehicles, other than Stevens Campus Police and emergency vehicles, on campus. “Motor vehicles” include cars, SUVs, trucks, and motorcycles.
The guidelines promote safety, facilitate the proper use of motor vehicles on campus, and ensure the well-being of students and employees on campus. These guidelines may be amended or added to, from time to time, at the sole discretion of Stevens Institute of Technology.
1. No person shall operate a motor vehicle in excess of 10 m.p.h.
2. No person shall operate a motor vehicle in violation of a campus traffic sign or Stevens Campus Police directive.
3. No person shall operate a motor vehicle while distracted, including but not limited to: talking or texting with a hand-held wireless telephone or electronic communication device, reading, grooming, or watching a video.
4. No person shall operate a motor vehicle that emits excessive noise, nor shall the operator or occupants create excessive noise.
5. No person shall operate a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
6. No person shall operate a motor vehicle with an open container of alcohol in the vehicle.
7. No person shall operate a motor vehicle in a manner that results in the passing of a vehicle moving in the same direction.
8. No person shall operate a motor vehicle on Wittpenn Walk, except as permitted by Stevens Campus Police during special events.
9. No person shall operate a motor vehicle the wrong way on a one-way street.
Motor vehicle violations, pursuant to Title 39 of the New Jersey Revised Statutes, are enforced by Stevens Campus Police on roadways connecting and leading to campus. Stevens Campus Police issue New Jersey state summonses for motor vehicle violations that occur on campus. These summonses are governed by state and municipal laws. Summonses may not be appealed to Stevens Administration or Stevens Campus Police.
Appeals of summonses received for motor vehicle violations committed on campus must be presented to the Hoboken Municipal Court. Motor vehicle violation fines are listed on the summonses and are governed by New Jersey state and municipal laws.