This webpage provides a resource of reputable outside scholarship search engines and outside scholarships.
Outside Scholarship Search Engines
The websites listed below provide popular outside scholarship opportunities for incoming and continuing students to explore. This list is not exhaustive, so please feel free to research other options for funding!
US DOL's Career One Stop - listed under "Find Training"
- UNCF Scholarships
- UNICO National Scholarships
- Chemical Sciences Scholarships- ACS
Scholarships and resources for LGBTQIA+ students:
Outside Scholarship Opportunities
Through other organizations, our institution has received information regarding outside scholarship awards. Our office will be updating this section as we receive outside scholarship notifications. Please check back for updates throughout the year.
- PKA Tech THEA Scholarship: For female, incoming freshman and current students pursing a major in the STEM concentrations. Must have a passion for technology, exhibit leadership qualities, and have a 3.2 GPA. Awards are for $500 and $1,500.
For more information and the application: PKA Tech THEA Scholarship
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers: Multiple scholarships with varying requirements. All scholarships require a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 unless specified differently below. Scholarships range from $1,000 to $5,000.
*For the 2021-22 academic year, SHPE will be awarding over $1.2 million dollars in scholarship funding!
For more information and applications: SHPE Scholarships
- PNC Student Lending Scholarship: Awards $2,000 scholarships to undergraduate students once every six months randomly to six students who register for a user account on PNC's Financial Literacy platform. No purchase/transaction is required.
For more information and the fine print: PNC Bank Financial Literacy Education
- Schering-Plough Undergraduate Research Scholarship: Awards $2,000 to a science major in their junior or senior year in 2021-22 who plans to conduct an independent scientific research project. The scholarship was created to recognize the significant contribution of Schering-Plough to innovation and discovery. For more information and application: Schering-Plough Undergraduate Research Scholarship
- CME Group Foundation Scholars Program: Deadline to apply: April 4, 2022
Awards up to $20,000 renewable scholarships to under-represented rising sophomore, junior or senior students majoring in finance, computer science or applied mathematics at CME Group Foundation partner schools. Students must demonstrate financial need, have a minimum GPA of 2.5, plan to enroll full-time for the entire upcoming academic year and be majoring in Information Technology, Computer Science, Finance, Data Science, Cyber Security, Math, Statistics, Financial Engineering or Accounting (students enrolled in a 4+1 MS Finance degree program are eligible but must be a rising junior, senior or graduate student in the 4+1 MS Finance program).
To learn more and apply, visit: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/cme-scholars
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Greater Wayne Area Branch: Deadline to apply: April 9, 2022
Scholarship for women, 25 years or older, who are pursuing a first bachelor's degree, that reside in Northern New Jersey (Bergen, Essex, Morris, Passaid or Sussex counties). For more information visit http://greaterwaynearea-nj.aauw.net. Inquiries may be sent to [email protected]
- Freehold American Association of University Women (AAUW): Deadline to apply: July 31, 2022
The 2022 Lew Williams and Joan Odud Scholarships award up to $2,000 to women 25 years or older who are residents of Colts Neck, Englishtown, Farmindgale, freehold Borough, Freehold Township, Howell, Manalapan, Marlboro, Monroe or Morganville, who are enrolled in an accredited bachelor's program (with at least 60 credits completed) or master's program (at least 6 credits completed). Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications may be obtained via email to: [email protected].
To learn more visit: https://freeholdarea-nj.aauw.net/scholarships.
- The Land Conservancy of New Jersey: Deadline to apply: April 1, 2022
This outside scholarship for $7,500 is for an undergraduate or graduate degree seeking student pursuing a degree in enviornmental science or a related field who is a NJ resident with a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher. The application and more information can be found here: www.tic-nj.org/scholarships.