The Office of Undergraduate Academics "Academic Support Center" intranet site on MyStevens offers information for the Stevens community on process, support, regulations and more.
The Academic Support Center (ASC) provides a wide range of academic services to undergraduate students. The ASC is located in the Office of Undergraduate Academics on the 9th fl of the Howe Center.
Academic Support Center Services
- Request a Tutor: Individual & Small Group Tutoring For Specific Academic Challenges. Free Individual tutoring provided by skilled upperclassmen & graduate students. (Before completing the request for a tutor, you must carefully read the responsibilities and the requirements regarding the free tutoring services provided by the ASC.)
Walk-in Tutoring Center: Located in Library Room 306, the tutoring center offers tutoring help to undergraduate students on a walk-in basis.
- Become a Tutor: The role of the tutor is to supplement the tutees' classroom experience by helping them understand subject matter that is unclear.
- Peer Leader Program: The goal of the Peer Leader Program is to provide an opportunity for new first-year students to connect with mentors who are knowledgeable about Stevens.
- Resources: Workshops on Study Skills, Time Management Strategies that provide tips to help you manage your time, take better notes, study more effectively, improve memory, take tests, and handle the stresses of college life.
- Freshmen Quiz Review: Quiz & exam reviews for select freshmen level courses conducted by qualified tutors.
- Academic Success Workshops: Workshops are FREE for all current Stevens students! Advance registration is encouraged. To register, email the Academic Support Center at [email protected]
Contact the ASC
Questions or comments about the Academic Support Center can be directed to:
Assistant Director of Academic Support Center
Howe Center, 9th fl
Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Academics and Director of Academic Support Center
Howe Center, 9th fl