Welcome to Stevens Institute of Technology!
The staff at International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) looks forward to welcoming you to Stevens Institute of Technology.
For those of you joining us in the Fall 2017 semester, please note these two important events in your calendar:
- Monday, August 14, 2017: Mandatory Immigration Presentation; and
- Wednesday, August 16, 2017: Mandatory Immigration Check-In
*Please plan to arrive before August 14, 2017 so you can attend the mandatory sessions.
The following pages will guide you through the process of requesting visa sponsorship documents from Stevens for the F-1 and J-1 categories. These pages will also take you through the visa application process and the required steps to enter the United States in F-1 or J-1 status. You may connect directly to your desired page by selecting any of the options below:
- Applying for the Form I-20 [F-1]
- Applying for the Form DS-2019 [J-1]
- Financial Documentation Requirements
- Scheduling and Preparing for the Visa Interview
- Preparing for Departure and Entering the U.S.
Most students at Stevens will come on the F-1 student visa category. If you have been admitted to a non-degree program, are a part of certain exchange programs with Stevens, or will receive funding that requires attendance in J-1 status, you will need to come on the J-1 exchange visitor visa category. If you have any questions regarding the visa application process, please feel free to contact our office by sending an email message to [email protected].