The COVID-19 pandemic has generated unprecedented challenges for Stevens and the broader world. As members of the Stevens community, Stevens students, faculty and staff are responsible for monitoring and maintaining their own health in order to protect the health and wellbeing of the entire community.
As a member of the Stevens community, I will abide by the Stevens Health Honor Code by following these principles:
- I will notify Stevens Health Services immediately if I or a close contact tests positive for COVID-19 and will self-isolate and participate in contact tracing as requested.
- I will get tested for COVID-19 (PCR testing) no more than five days before I arrive on campus and will be tested again if directed by a medical professional or by Stevens. I will provide my test results to Stevens.
- I will monitor myself for symptoms of COVID-19, take my temperature before leaving my home or residence hall room each day and again later in the day and will self-isolate and contact a medical professional or Stevens Health Services if I experience symptoms or have a fever over 100.4°F.
- I will stay home if I feel sick and monitor my symptoms and temperature.
- I will leave campus or self-isolate in my residence hall room if I feel sick.
- I will self-isolate and notify Stevens Health Services immediately if I have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- I will maintain proper social distancing, especially when indoors or in areas where individuals tend to travel or congregate, and abide by all occupancy limits.
- I will wear a face covering when on the Stevens campus and in buildings or in Stevens-leased properties.
- I will wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer (if soap and water are unavailable).
- I will receive all recommended vaccinations, including the influenza vaccine (unless I am unable to do so for medical reasons).
- I will avoid non-essential travel to areas with a high risk of COVID-19 transmission as determined by the State of New Jersey and will quarantine for 14 days when I return from a high-risk location.
- I will avoid unnecessary travel, gatherings and events that might pose a high risk of COVID-19 transmission to protect myself and those in the Stevens community.
- I will cooperate with non-invasive temperature monitoring and will return home or to my residence hall room if I have a fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher.
- I will be respectful of others by keeping my clothing, belongings, personal spaces and shared and common spaces neat and clean, and by refraining from physical contact with others.
- I will follow all Stevens policies and procedures for COVID-19, and will follow directional signs and the instructions of students, faculty and staff working to protect the Stevens community.
- I will not discriminate against any person on the basis of illness or disability.