The Division of Student Affairs at Stevens creates opportunities for students to learn and grow intellectually, personally, and professionally outside of the traditional classroom.
We collaborate with students, faculty, staff, and the local community to provide programs and to continually improve the Stevens student experience. Student Affairs offices include Undergraduate Student Life, the Dean of Students, Residence Life, Student Health Center, Student Counseling and Psychological Services, Disability Services, Stevens Career Center, Stevens Technical Enrichment Program (STEP) and Veterans Services.
Student Affairs furthers the mission of Stevens Institute of Technology by promoting student learning and success through innovative programs and services that prepare our students to lead and serve in a global society.
We are student-centered, providing experiences and services with a focus on students and their success.
We embrace a student development mindset in which we support students in need and challenge students to grow.
We strive for unity and inclusion on our campus and commit to teaching social justice and promoting respect for all identities.
Integrity, innovation, and excellence serve as guiding tenants in our daily work with students, faculty, administrators, and families.
As a result of being a Stevens student, our graduates will:
- Develop academically, personally and professionally through interactions and involvement both in and out of the classroom.
- Explore their own identities through engagement with peers, faculty, administrators and participation in the larger Stevens community.
- Be able to express the value of an inclusive, respectful community and actively contribute towards the creation of a more inclusive and equitable community.
- Understand the concepts of social justice and civic engagement through academic and cocurricular experiences.
- Learn the skill of self-advocacy to gain access to resources needed for success.
SARA KLEIN, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
KENNETH NILSEN, Dean of Students
KRISTIE DAMELL, Associate Dean of Students and Title IX Coordinator