The Stevens Legacy Society honors benefactors who have included Stevens in their financial or estate plans.
Members rekindle the vision and spirit of Edwin A. Stevens, whose will included the bequest that founded Stevens in 1870. The generosity of these alumni and friends endures far into the future, as their gifts continue to fund scholarships, endow professorships, promote research and maintain advanced learning spaces.
When you establish a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust with Stevens, or notify us in writing that you have established a trust, bequest or other gift provision, you immediately become eligible for membership in the Stevens Legacy Society. Your planned gift may be for any amount, and your gift may be either unrestricted or designated for a specific program.
Joining the Stevens Legacy Society is easy! Simply inform us in writing that you have included Stevens in your estate plan and send us any of the following documents:
- A completed and signed Confidential Statement of Charitable Gift Provision form
- A copy of the pertinent provisions in your will or trust
- A copy of a life insurance policy naming Stevens as beneficiary
- A letter from you or your attorney stating you have included Stevens in your estate plan
Your information will be kept confidential. It is important that we know of your intention to enable Stevens to plan for the future. Most important, it gives us the opportunity to thank you and to work with you on the specifics of your intention.
Membership in the Stevens Legacy Society involves no dues, obligations, or solicitations, but it does allow the Stevens community to thank you for your generosity. As a Stevens Legacy Society member you’ll receive:
- An inscribed certificate
- Stevens Legacy Society medallion
- Featured mention in university publications
- Invitations to members-only events
- Satisfaction knowing your gift has an impact on future generations
For any questions about the Stevens Legacy Society, please contact Michael Governor, Director of Planned Giving, at 201-216-8967 or [email protected].