Provost's Lecture Series on Women in Leadership
Welcome to the Provost's Lecture Series
The Provost’s Lecture Series on Women in Leadership showcases the achievements of prominent and successful women and motivates the next generation of leaders. It provides an opportunity for women to share their individual experiences and discuss the unique challenges and opportunities they face. The women selected for this series are visionaries from whom we all can learn.
Most Recent Lecture
How to Be Happier, Healthier and More Productive in the Age of COVID-19
Gretchen Rubin, Author of the No. 1 national bestseller, The Happiness Project, Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 4 p.m.
View information about previous speakers in the Provost's Lecture Series on Women in Leadership
- The Power of One Woman's Voice: Menah Pratt-Clarke, J.D., Ph.D., Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Diversity, Virginia Tech
- Journey to the White House and Beyond: Dr. Connie Mariano, Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy (ret.), former White House physician
- America's Energy Policy - The Challenges of Meeting the Demand: Lori Traweek, Chief Operating Officer, American Gas Association
- An Entrepreneur’s Journey: From Law, to Pharma to Start-Up Success: Adrienne Choma, Esq., Cofounder & Member of the Board of Directors, Saladax Biomedical, Inc.
- The Transformative Leader: Strategies for Leading in Times of Change: Linda S. Sanford, Sr. Vice President of Enterprise Transformation, IBM
- Real Life Lessons in Leadership: Dr. Ruth A. David, President & CEO, Analytic Services Inc.
- Rebooting the Ada Lovelace Mythos: Valerie Aurora, Executive Director, The Ada Initiative
- Finding Similar Items in Web Time: Corinna Cortes, Head of Google Research