2018-2019 Health Insurance Information
Stevens Institute of Technology requires that all undergraduate students and all full-time graduate students have health insurance, and will be charged health insurance every start semester and subsequent Fall semesters. For more information on the Stevens Health Insurance Plan, please contact University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448 or visit universityhealthplans.com.
Students with proof of comparable coverage are eligible to waive the student health insurance. Students who are enrolled for coverage with University Health Plans must use the Temporary Policy Information located in their brochure for their Undergraduate or Graduate class level until they receive their permanent insurance ID card.
Process for Student Health Insurance Enrollment and Waivers
All students must follow these instructions to Waive or Enroll in the Stevens Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- Go to www.universityhealthplans.com
- Select if you are an Undergraduate or Graduate student.
- On the left hand side menu of Student Health Plan, click on Waiver Form or Enrollment Form.
- Fill in the required information and complete the form; you will immediately receive a confirmation of your waiver or enrollment. Print a copy for your personal records. An email confirmation will also be sent for your records.
Note to students: If you have questions regarding your card, benefits or enrollment verification please call University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.
The deadline for waivers and open enrollment for the 2018-2019 Academic Year are as follows:
- August 31, 2018 for Undergraduate Students
- September 18, 2018 for Graduate Students.
- February 9, 2019 for newly admitted students for the 2018 Spring semester
Failure to either enroll or waive the health insurance by the appropriate deadlines will result in an automatic enrollment into the student health insurance plan and the student's account will be charged accordingly.
Students will not be able to enroll in the health insurance plan after these deadlines unless there is a qualifying event which makes them eligible to enroll. For additional information regarding enrollment, please contact University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.