Health Insurance Information
Stevens requires that all undergraduate students, International students and all full-time graduate students have health insurance, and will charge health insurance every start semester and subsequent Fall semesters. For more information on the Stevens Health Insurance Plan, please contact University Health Plans at (800) 437-6448.
Students with proof of comparable coverage are eligible to waive the student health insurance. Students who are enrolled for coverage with University Health Plans must use the Temporary Policy Information located in their brochure for their Undergraduate or Graduate class level until they receive their permanent insurance ID card.
How to Waive
To waive the Stevens Student Health Insurance Plan:
- Go to University Health Plans
- Select Undergraduate or Graduate
- On the left hand side menu choose either Waiver Form
- Fill in the required information and complete the form; you will immediately receive a confirmation of your waiver. Print a copy for your personal records. An email confirmation will also be sent for your records.
If you have questions regarding your card, benefits or enrollment verification please call University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.
Waiver & Open Enrollment Deadlines
2019-2020 Academic Year:
- August 31, 2019 for Undergraduate Students
- September 13, 2019 for Graduate Students.
- February 9, 2020 for newly admitted Spring students
Failure to waive the health insurance by the deadline will result in automatic enrollment in the Stevens Student Health Insurance Plan and the student's account will be charged accordingly.
Students will not be able to enroll in the health insurance plan after these deadlines unless there is a qualifying event which makes them eligible to enroll. For additional information regarding enrollment, please contact University Health Plans at 800-437-6448.