Transfer Out Requests

Students who wish to transfer to begin a program at a new U.S. Institution will need to request to have their SEVIS Records transferred to the new school.

Students requesting a transfer out will need to submit the Transfer Out Request in their ISSS Student Portal Control Center. Students will be required to submit their new school admission letter as part of the request.

The new school program start date must be in the future*; the start date must be within 5 months of the student's current program or OPT end date.

*If the school start date is in the past, ISSS will require written confirmation from the new school in the form of an email that they will accept the SEVIS Records after their program start date.

Requesting to Transfer Out