- Current students should start by visiting the Transfer Credit Articulation page to see if the course has been previously evaluated.
- For courses that do not appear in the transfer credit articulation database, obtain a course description and syllabus from the college at which you are taking the course (online descriptions are sufficient).
- For all courses, Go to Workday Student and select Requests in the applications section on your homepage.
- Complete the Application for Transfer Credit request with information about the course you would like to transfer to Stevens Institute of Technology (a seperate request must be submitted for each individual course).
- If the course does not appear in the Transfer Credit Articulation database, please attach the syllabus or course description to the request.
- The request will be processed and approved by the Office of Undergraduate Academics and evaluated by the academic department, if necessary. The approved request is then sent to the Office of the Registrar.
- An official transcript from the other institution, showing a grade of C or higher in the course(s) being transferred will then need to be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar.
- The Office of the Registrar will check approvals and process the application form once the official transcript is received.
More information is available in the policy library.
- Submit the Application for Transfer Credit form, along with a transcript showing a grade of B or higher in the course(s) being transferred and applicable course description and syllabus, to your academic advisor. The transcript may be a student/unofficial copy at this point.
- The signed Application for Transfer Credit form must then be signed by the Dean of Graduate Academics.
- The completed form is then submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- If not already done so, an official transcript from the other institution will need to be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar.
- The Office of the Registrar will check signatures and process the application form once the official transcript is received.