24. X.N. Chen, Y.X. Gu, J.H. Lee, W.Y. Lee, H.J. Wang. "Multifunctional surfaces with biomimetic nanofiber and drug-eluting micropatterns for infection control and bone tissue formation." Eur Cell Mater. (accepted)
23. P.L. Leopold, J. Vincent, H. Wang. "A comparison of epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition and re-epithelialization. " Seminars in Cancer Biology, (in press).
22. Maung Kyaw Khaing Oo, Yamin Yang, Yue Hu, Maria Gomez, Henry H. Du, and Hongjun Wang. Gold Nanoparticle-Enhanced and Size-Dependent Generation of Reactive Oxygen Species from Protoporphyrin IX. ACS Nano, March 2, 2012.
21. C. Huang, X. Fu, J. Liu, Y. Qi, S. Li, H. Wang, “The involvement of integrin β1 signaling in the migration and myofibroblastic differentiation of skin fibroblasts on anisotropic collagen-containing nanofibers”, Biomaterials, 2012,33(6),1791-800.
20. J-H Lee, Y. Gu, H. Wang, W.Y. Lee, “Microfluidic 3D Bone Tissue Model for High-Throughput Evaluation of Wound-Healing and Infection-Preventing Biomaterials”, Biomaterials, 2012, 33(4), 999-1006.
19. X. Fu, H. Wang “Spatial arrangement of polycaprolactone/collagen nanofiber scaffolds regulates the wound-healing related behaviors of human adipose stromal cells”, Tissue Engineering Part A, Epub ahead of print.
18. Y. Gu, X. Chen, J-H Lee, D.A. Monteiro, H. Wang, W.Y. Lee, “Inkjet-Printed Antibiotic- and Calcium-Eluting Bioresorbable Nanocomposite Micropatterns for Orthopaedic Implants”, Acta Biomaterialia, 2012,8(1):424-31.
17. S.B. Mahjour, F. Ghaffarpasand, H. Wang, “Three Dimensional (3D) Regeneration of Hair Follicles in Skin Grafts: Current Concepts and Future Perspectives”, Tissue Engineering Part B, Epub ahead of print.
16. C. Erisken, D. Kalyon, H. Wang, C. Ornek, J. Xu, “Osteochondral tissue formation through adipose-derived stromal cell differentiation on biomimetic polycaprolactone nanofibrous scaffolds with graded insulin and β-glycerol phosphate concentrations”, Tissue Engineering Part A 2011,17,1239.
15. J. Zhang, Y. Duan, D. Wei, L. Wang, H. Wang, Z. Gu, D. Kong,“Co-electrospun fibrous scaffold–adsorbed DNA for substrate-mediated gene delivery”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 2011, 96, 212-220.
14. J-H. Lee, H. Wang, J.B. Kaplan, W. Y. Lee, “Microfluidic Approach to Create 3D Tissue Models for Biofilm-Related Infection of Orthopaedic Implants”, Tissue Engineering Part C: Methods 2011, 17, 39.
13. C. Erisken, D. Kalyon, H. Wang,“Viscoelastic and biomechanical properties of osteochondral tissue constructs generated from graded polycaprolactone and β-tricalcium phosphate composites”, Journal of Biomechanical Engineering 2010, 132,091013.
12. J-H. Lee, H. Wang, J.B. Kaplan, W. Y. Lee, “Effects of Staphylococcus epidermidis on osteoblast cell adhesion and viability on a Ti alloy surface in a microfluidic co-culture environment”, Acta Biomaterialia 2010, 6,4422.
11. N. Gao, H. Wang and E-H. Yang, “An experimental study on ferromagnetic nickel nanowires functionalized with antibodies for cell separation”, Nanotechnology 2010, 21, 105107.
Highlighted story in Nanotechnology (the same issue)
10. H. Wang, C.A. van Blitterswijk,“The role of three-dimensional polymeric scaffold configuration on the uniformity of connective tissue formation by adipose stromal cells”, Biomaterials 2010, 31,4322.
9. X. Yang, J.D. Shah, H. Wang, “Nanofiber enabled layer-by-layer approach toward three-dimensional tissue formation”, Tissue Eng Part A 2009, 15,945.
8. X. Yang, X. Chen, H. Wang,“Acceleration of osteogenic differentiation of preosteoblastic cells by chitosan containing nanofibrous scaffolds”, Biomacromolecules 2009, 10,2772.
7. C. Erisken, D.M. Kalyon, H. Wang, “Functionally graded electrospun polycaprolactone and -tricalcium phosphate nanocomposites for tissue engineering applications”, Biomaterials 2008, 29, 4065.
6. X. Yang, K.R. Ogbolu, H Wang,“Multifunctional nanofibrous scaffold for tissue engineering”, Journal of Experimental Nanoscience 2008,3,329.
5. M.K. Khaing Oo, X. Yang, H. Du, H. Wang, “5-aminolevulinic Acid Conjugated Gold Nanoparticles for Photodynamic Therapy of Cancer”, Nanomedicine (UK)2008, 3,777.
4. M. K. Khaing Oo, H. Wang and H. Du, “Targeted Delivery: Photosensitiser conjugated gold nanoparticles”, Pharma Focus Asia 2008, 8, 31.
3. C. Erisken, D.M. Kalyon, H. Wang, “A hybrid twin-screw extrusion/electrospinning method to process nanoparticle-incorporated electrospun nanofibers”, Nanotechnology 2008,19, 165302.
2. Y. Guan, L. Ou, G. Hu, H. Wang, Y. Xu, J. Chen, J. Zhang, Y. Yu, D. Kong,“Tissue Engineering of Urethra Using Human Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Gene-Modified Bladder Urothelial Cells”, Artif Organs 2008, 32,91.
This work was highlighted by other journal editor, see editorial comment Int Braz J Urol 2008,34,112.
1. J. Zhang, H. Qi, H. Wang, P. Hu, L. Ou, S. Guo, J. Li, Y. Che, Y. Yu, D. Kong,“Engineering of vascular grafts with genetically modified bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells on Poly(propylene carbonate)graft”, Artif Organs 2006,30,898.
Prior to Stevens
H.J. Wang, C.A. van Blitterswijk, J. Pieper, F. Péters, E.N. Lamme,“Synthetic scaffold morphology controls human dermal connective tissue formation”, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A 2005,74, 523.
H.J. Wang and I.E. Kochevar, “Involvement of UVB-induced reactive oxygen species in TGF-β biosynthesis and activation in keratinocytes”, Free Radical Biology & Medicine 2005,38, 890.
H. Wang, C.A. van Blitterswijk, M. Bertrand-De Haas, A.H. Schuurman, E.N. Lamme, “Improved enzymatic isolation of fibroblasts for the creation of autologous skin substitutes”, In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim. 2004, 40, 268.
H.J. Wang, R. Schotel, J. Pieper, C.A. van Blitterswijk, E.N. Lamme, “Stimulation of skin repair is dependent on fibroblast source and presence of extracellular matrix”, Tissue Engineering 2004,10, 1054.
J. de Boer, H.J. Wang, C.A. van Blitterswijk, “Effects of Wnt signaling on proliferation and differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells”, Tissue Engineering 2004,10, 393.
H.J. Wang, M. Bertrand-de Haas, C.A. van Blitterswijk, E.N. Lamme, “Engineering of a dermal equivalent: seeding and culturing fibroblasts in PEGT/PBT copolymer scaffolds”, Tissue Engineering 2003, 9, 909.
H.J. Wang, M. Bertrand-de Haas, J. Riesle, E. Lamme, C.A. van Blitterswijk, “Tissue engineering of dermal substitutes based on porous PEGT/PBT copolymer scaffolds: comparison of culture conditions”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 2003,14, 235.
J.-B. Ma, H.-J. Wang, B.-L. He, J.-T. Chen, “Fabrication of chitosan films and their biocompatibility to human neofetus dermal and rat dermal fibroblasts”, Journal of Tianjin Institute of Textile Science and Technology 2001,20, 1. (in Chinese)
J. Ma, H. Wang, B. He, J. Chen, “A preliminary in vitro study on the fabrication and tissue engineering applications of a novel chitosan bilayer material as a scaffold of human neofetal dermal fibroblasts”, Biomaterials 2001, 22, 331.
H.J. Wang, J.B. Ma, B.L. He, “Synthesis of polymeric β-cyclodextrin supported by crosslinked poly(acrylamide-co-vinylamine) and its catalysis of the hydrolysis of p-nitrophenyl acetate”, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science 2000,18, 155. (in Chinese)
F. Li, K. Ma, Z. Cheng, T. Xie, J. Zuo, H. Wang, H. Zhang,J. Ma, B. He, “Treatment of cresol wastewater by two steps”, Ion Exchange and Adsorption 1999,15, 163. (in Chinese).
F. Li, J. Zuo, L. Dong, H. Wang, J. Luo, W. Han, Y. Huo, “Study on the synthesis of high elongation polyurethane”, European Polymer Journal 1998, 34, 59.
H. Wang, J. Ma, Y. Zhang, B. He, “Adsorption of bilirubin on the polymeric β-cyclodextrin supported by partially aminated polyacrylamide gel”, Reactive & Functional Polymers 1997,32, 1.
H. Wang, J. Ma, Y. Wang, B. He, “The synthesis of oxidized β-cyclodextrin supported by cross-link polyacrylamide as the polymeric adsorbent for urea”, Ion Exchange and Adsorption 1996, 12, 438. (in Chinese)
F.X. Li, H.J. Wang, et al., “A Study of Polymerization of THF with CH3COSbCl6 as catalyst”, Chem J Chin Univ 1994, 15, 785. (in Chinese).
F.X. Li, H.J. Wang, et al.,“Study on chain transfer to acetic anhydride of THF polymerization”, Journal of Polymer Science: Polymer Chemistry 1994,32, 1939.