The Stevens Summer
Pre-College Programs for High School Students
You may not know exactly what you want to do yet, but you know whatever it is, it’s going to be big. When you enroll in a pre-college program at Stevens, you can explore your ideas and interests in a pressure-free, inspiring academic environment that welcomes big thinkers.
Have a Smarter Summer at Stevens.
What distinguishes our pre-college programs from others is that you get to create something from to start to finish: a business plan, a video game, an investment portfolio, a short animation. Yes, you’ll leave with a stronger college application, you’ll try out a potential major, get a taste of what campus life is really like and make some new friends. But: designing your own portfolio project with cutting-edge technology…in state-of-the-art facilities…alongside world-renowned experts, CEOs and inventors…while exploring New York City? Only at Stevens.
- Find Your Inspiration: Explore your passions, creativity and potential career paths at our world-class university.
- Push the Edge: Go beyond the usual subjects by studying emerging areas in technology, engineering, business, medicine, science and multimedia.
- Do Something Real: Show off what you can do with a completed project that helps you stand out in the college admissions pool.
- Love Campus Living: Make our gorgeous campus your home and get a taste of college life in Hoboken, one of The Princeton Review’s top ten college towns.
- Work With the Best: Stevens faculty members are renowned experts and pioneers in their fields, who carefully design our programs to give you real-world experience and insight.
- Experience New York City: Explore the Big Apple, just 15 minutes away, with cool trips for fun and culture, as well as site visits to top companies.
Engineering & Science
Gain hands-on experience with cutting-edge topics in engineering, computer science, robotics, medicine, biotechnology and more. Some programs require prior subject knowledge and a desire to dig deep, while others require only curiosity and a willingness to explore! In every program, you’ll work with pioneering faculty members, visit companies that are leading innovation and complete a creative final project you’ll never forget.
BUILD (Bots using Inovations & Learning Design) *Commuter program for middle school students
If you’re thinking about a business major, we offer some of the most comprehensive pre-college business programs available. Tour each core area of business to find your focus in our Business Intensive Program, or test your start-up skills in our Innovation & Entrepreneurship Program. With Wall Street just 15 minutes from the Stevens campus, you’ll also gain unprecedented insider access to the big leagues and polish up your networking skills.
Technology, Society & the Arts
Develop your own video game, compose an original piece of music on professional equipment, produce your own creative animation with industry-standard equipment, explore the new frontier of 3-D printing and sculpture — or discuss the technological implications of the zombie apocalypse! Our most innovative faculty members have designed these wildly fun, seriously professional programs to give you an opportunity to do something truly different this summer.
- 3D Design & Sculpture
- Game Design
- Exploring the Apocalypse through Science & Technology Studies (EASTS)
- Foundations in Electronic Music
Who Should Apply
We look for highly motivated, talented middle and high school students who show a genuine interest in exploring the subjects of our programs. We’re also building a diverse student body and we strongly encourage applications from female and minority students. All programs are for rising juniors and seniors in high school, with the exception of our BUILD program, which is for rising freshmen and sophomores. We have a selective admissions process for our pre-college programs and base our decisions on a number of factors, including academic achievement, extracurricular involvement and recommendation letters.
Stevens Summer new introductory robotics commuter course for rising freshmen and sophomores.
Final Deadline: March 15, 2016
“The Stevens Summer was a tremendous experience where I made new friends, explored new fields of engineering and had great exposure to a true work environment.” -- Armando R. Vazquez, Rising Senior, ECOES Participant