Roshanak Nilchiani, PhD
Assistant Professor *
EducationPh.D in Aerospace Systems Engineering 2005Massachusetts Institute of Technology Master of Science in Engineering Mechanics/Nanotechnology 2002University of Nebraska-Lincoln Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering 1998Sharif University of Technology
Dr. Nilchiani’s research interest include Resilience and Sustainability in Critical Infrastructure Systems, Systems Design and Operations under Uncertainty, System of Systems Design and Management, and Aerospace Systems Engineering.
She is currently engaged in risk-based complex engineering systems design and critical infrastructure systems resilience, with a particular focus on energy, transportation and telecommunications infrastructure. She has also studied system of systems testing and evaluation, dynamics of disruptive technologies, and systems and enterprise architecture.
She is a member of professional societies such as the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, New York Academy of Sciences, Society of Women Engineers and the Society of Satellite Professionals.
Research Projects Interests
- Resilience and Sustainability in Critical Infrastructure Systems
- Systems Design and Operations under Uncertainty
- System of Systems Design and Management
- Aerospace Systems Engineering
Professional Organizations and Societies
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- New York Academy of Sciences
- Society of Women Engineers
- Society of Satellite Professionals