The Stevens Graduate Fellows Program
The Stevens Graduate Fellows (SGF) Program offers a variety of fellowships to applicants who have achieved distinction during their postsecondary educational pursuits. All awards provided through SGF are merit based and the recipient must maintain full time status as well as a satisfactory academic standing during the award period. Applicants to the SGF Program are reviewed carefully by Stevens faculty and selection is based both on standardized test results and prior academic performance. In general, students who are within approximately the top 5% of the applicant pool in terms of academic performance are considered for this program. We invite exceptional US and international graduate students to apply and join Stevens as a Graduate Fellow.
Masters Fellows Program:
The Masters Fellows program offers several fellowships each year for the fall and spring semesters to exceptional students interested in pursuing a master’s degree on a full time basis. These one-time fellowships range from $2000 to $6,000 and are awarded to qualified students at the time of their admission to any one of the Master’s degree programs offered at Stevens. Selection criteria include GRE/GMAT scores in addition to exceptional academic performance as an undergraduate. TOEFL scores are also considered as a criterion for international applicants. In general, students who are placed approximately on the top 5% of the applicant pool are considered for this program.
Who should submit the fellowship application at this time?
- Those admitted to a full-time Masters Program at Stevens for a Fall 2014 start OR
- Those who have submitted a completed application packet or are in the process of applying for admission as a full-time student to a Masters Program for the Fall 2014 semester.
How to apply and deadline?
- No separate application is needed. Fellowship decisions will be made during application review.
- Deadline for Fall 2014: February 28th, 2014.
What happens after submitting a fellowship application?
- The request along with the application packet will be submitted to the respective academic department for review.
- Award decisions are expected to be made within 2-3 weeks.
- As soon as the decision is made, the Office of Graduate Admissions will send an electronic letter from the Academic Dean notifying award status to the student/applicant.
If awarded a fellowship, what is expected of the student/applicant?
- All award recipients will have 4 business days to confirm with the Office of Graduate Admissions about whether or not the award has been accepted.
- All award acceptances should be sent by email to the Office of Graduate Admissions along with a non-refundable deposit of $500. If you have already submitted the $500 enrollment deposit, you do not need to submit an additional deposit.
- Awards to recipients who do not make this payment will be released at the end of the 4th business day.
- Any such released awards will be placed back in the fellowship pool to be disbursed to other applicants.
- Maintain a full-time status throughout the semester the fellowship is awarded
For additional questions refer to the FAQ Page.