The Disbursement Voucher (DV) e-doc is used to reimburse employees and nonemployees for expenses incurred while conducting Stevens business and to pay other vendors for performing a service, or providing material goods for Stevens. The disbursement voucher may be used in situations in which a payment is not processed through another procurement method, such as requisition/purchase order or procurement card.
The payment reason code chosen on the DV describes the purpose for the payment. Selection of the proper payment reason code is essential because of the tax reporting requirements of the University. The required attachments for a DV may vary depending on the payment reason code selected (the purpose fo the payment). Please note that incomplete or incorrect information on DV’s can delay payment.
- To view the Payment Reason Code table click here.
- Check here for some help in choosing the correct Payment Reason Code.
- The Payment Reason Code Table includes the codes where a TABER is required to be completed and attached.
Tips for successful DV preparation:
- Alcohol must be listed and coded separately using object code 6148.
- A completed, approved TABER form must be attached for all expense reimbursements.
- When receipts or invoices are in a foreign currency, the dated currency conversion to/from US dollars must be attached.
Please contact Accounts Payable or call at 201-216-5192 with questions.
For Help with:
- Payment and Reimbursement policies and procedures contact AP … firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-216-5192
- Completing a TABER form contact the Voucher Auditor … email@example.com or call 201-216-5192
- Preparing or processing a DV or payment request in Kuali … firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-216-8000