Technology-driven industries are the mainstay of the 21st century economy.
With the New York/New Jersey metro area being a center for the financial services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, information technology and telecommunications industries of the world, engineering management graduates have exceptional career opportunities.
The engineering management at Stevens degree is designed to provide young engineers with the optimum set of skills needed to solve the interdisciplinary challenges of today's technological companies. By combining engineering, management, technology and business, we have developed a unique program to educate some of the brightest engineers for whom skills in engineering design, systems engineering, operations research, operational effectiveness, technical marketing, project management, financial and business analysis, supply chain management and quality management are of high priority.
EM graduates have varying interests and skills. These include manufacturing, financial services, logistics, engineering, technical sales, project planning and management, and quality management and control.
- Project Managers
- Information and Operations Specialists
- Systems Engineers and Analysts
- Investment Banking or Financial Analyst
- Management Engineers
- Industrial Engineer
The average starting salary for engineering managers varies from year to year, but normally is one of the higher starting salaries for engineers at Stevens. Stevens EM graduates consistently rank among the top three starting salaries of all engineering disciplines graduating from Stevens.
- 2015 - $63,600
- 2014 - $58,600
- 2013 - $68,850
- 2012 - $61,000
- 2011 - $61,300
A survey was conducted to identify EM undergraduate student job placement in 2011 and 2012. At the time of graduation a range of 74% - 76% of EM graduates have job offers and six months after graduation, the range increases to 92% - 93%.
EM graduates are in demand in varied industries such as: financial services, technology, manufacturing and research, and development. Within these arenas, listed below are companies that have hired Stevens EM graduates within the past six years:
- Financial Services – Alliance Bernstein, Barclays Capital, Deutsche Bank, Ernst & Young, Fidessa, Goldman Sachs, Jones Lang LaSalle, RBC Capital Markets, Standard & Poors, UBS
- Consulting – Accenture, Avanade, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Pharmaceutical/Chemical/Health – Becton Dickinson, Johnson & Johnson, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, Sun Chemical
- Construction – American Infrastructure, Bovis Lend Lease, George Harms Construction, Lehr Construction, New Line Structures, Shawmut Design & Construction, Skanska, Tishman Construction, Turner Construction, Whiting - Turner
- Defense/Government – Hamilton Sundstrand, Picatinny Arsenal, United States Army, FAA, MTA
- Energy – Constellation Energy, Creston Electronics, ExxonMobil, Mosto Technologies, Solevis
- Telecom – IBM, Verizon
- Manufacturing/Engineering – Anheuser Busch, BMW, Brisk Waterproofing, C&G Pipecoaters, Hertz, Hunter Douglas, InetSoft Technology Corp, Menshen, Pacific Controls, Pepsi
- Logistics – The Children’s Place, Toys R Us, UPS