The engineering management (EM) minor focuses on giving engineering students a basic understanding of economics, accounting, statistics, project-management methods, and analysis tools necessary to manage technical operations and projects effectively.
The minor is open to all engineering and engineering technology majors and provides the student with understanding of basic concepts relevant to the management of engineering operations. Students who anticipate moving from technical to managerial positions during their careers may wish to consider this minor.
Required Courses for EM Minor
- EM 275: Project Management
- EM 224: Informatics (EM 480 requirement will begin in 2020)
- EM 301: Accounting and Business Analysis
- EM 360: Total Quality Management
EM minors are expected to take the following courses as part of their engineering curriculum:
Required Engineering Core
- E 355 Engineering Economics
- E 243 Probability and Statistics for Engineers
- IDE 400/401/402 Senior Innovation
Required Humanities Core
- BT 243: Macroeconomics
- BT 244: Microeconomics
An EM minor requires a two-course overload.