Dean Yehia Massoud recently called for proposals for the SSE Dean Research Incentive Award created to support the acquisition of multi-user research instruments. The award aims to facilitate current and new research projects with the main purpose of attracting external funding and promoting faculty collaboration at SSE.
The SSE Dean Research Incentive Award is open to both tenure stream and non-tenure stream faculty at SSE. Small proposals (with 1-2 faculty) may request up to $10,000, medium size proposals (with 2-3 faculty) may request up to $20,000, and large proposals (with more than three faculty) may request up to $40,000. Every faculty may participate only in one proposal. The dean expects to award up to three small awards, up to two medium size award and one large proposal, depending on the quality of the submissions and availability of funds. The award is limited to equipment acquisition only and cannot be used to cover travel and conference costs, or student funding.
The proposals must include:
- An overview of the project outlining the objectives, significance and innovation of the proposed research
- A description of the equipment to be purchased and the research activities it will enable
- A description of how the proposed equipment purchase will facilitate attracting future funding and collaborations
- The broader impacts of the equipment acquisition to research and student training activities at SSE
- A collaboration plan defining the roles and responsibilities of each faculty in the proposed research
- The proposed budget and supporting quote documents for the research equipment to be purchased from the vendor