The 36-credit Network & Communication Management & Services program prepares graduates to plan, implement and manage leading-edge communications capabilities. Graduates become technical business and management professionals able to plan communications products and services; lead the resources required to implement such plans — including people, product, networks and systems — and manage projects and budgets.
The program’s interdisciplinary nature makes it well suited to professionals interested in learning both the technical knowledge required to lead in this field and the business skills required to advance into management roles.
To be considered for the Network & Communication Management & Services master’s program, students must meet the following requirements:
- Official transcript from each academic institution attended.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a B average, from an accredited school.
- One semester of calculus (Stevens offers a noncredit calculus course for students needing to satisfy this requirement).
- An up-to-date résumé.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Competitive GMAT or GRE score (international students only).
- Competitive TOEFL score (international students only).
Immersive online experience
The Network & Communication Management & Services degree can be earned without ever setting foot on campus, thanks to Stevens' robust web platform. And our fully immersive online experience means students can participate in live lectures and work collaboratively on group projects, whether they're in the classroom or around the world.
The master's in Network & Communication Management & Services is designated as a STEM program, conferring additional benefits on international students who wish to remain in the United States to secure employment after graduating. There are countless job opportunities with students who have studied in the STEM fields.