The A.I. revolution can no longer be discussed as something that's coming in the near future. Intelligent machines already play a role in a number of industries, and their responsibilities will continue to grow at a rapid pace. This doesn't mean the end for humans in the workplace — but it does involve a new set of skills and a broader perspective on new kinds of challenges that are starting to confront leaders.
The Stevens graduate certificate in Management of A.I. teaches students how to analyze business opportunities, develop data sources, build and interpret models, explain machine-generated results to management and participate in the implementation of the models in organizational processes. The program also emphasizes the critical thinking skills and judgment needed to deal with issues surrounding governance, data regulation, security and privacy — all chief concerns in the application of A.I. in business.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Use machine learning to discover models, patterns and dependencies that enable predictions and intelligent scientific, business and operational decisions.
- Plan and execute a project that leverages the tools of cognitive computing.
- Develop, evaluate and interpret deep leaning models.
- Manage the performance of A.I. systems and monitor their ongoing effectiveness.
- Assess A.I. systems along dimensions of fairness, accountability, transparency, ethics and the law.
- Develop a strategy for deployment of A.I. solutions within an organization.
The certificate is ideal for IT and analytics professionals interested in upskilling in key areas related to A.I., machine learning and data.