Success in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape requires leaders to be highly efficient project managers and motivators who are able to balance a complex regulatory environment with the business needs of a field that is increasingly dependent on technology — for both patient care and compliance. This certificate will teach you to be a more effective manager while challenging your assumptions about the skills required to lead in this industry.
The following courses are required for the certificate:
- MGT 609 Project Management Fundamentals
- MGT 612 Leader Development
- MGT 616 Healthcare Leadership and Management
- MGT 689 Organizational Behavior *
* Students can substitute this class with a management-related Information Systems course, with advisor approval.