Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering
The chemical engineering program at Stevens prepares students for the conception, synthesis, design, testing, scale-up, operation, control and optimization of industrial chemical processes that impact our well-being. Courses in organic and physical chemistry, biochemical engineering and process control are offered in addition to chemical engineering core courses in thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, separations, process analysis, reactor design, and process design. Learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
Minor in Chemical Engineering
A minor represents a coherent program of study in a discipline other than the student's major degree program. Successful completion of the chemical engineering minor is recognized on the transcript and with a Minor Certificate at graduation. Recognition is thus provided for a significant educational experience in chemical engineering. Learn more about the Minor in Chemical Engineering.
General requirements for minor programs in engineering or science:
- Entry to a minor program requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- A student wishing to pursue a minor program must complete a Minor Program Study Plan signed by a minor advisor from the relevant discipline. Each minor requires a separate study plan and a student can earn no more than two minors in engineering and science.
- The minor program must be in a discipline other than that of a student's major program of study. As such, minors are distinguished from options within the major discipline or concentrations within the chosen major program.
- The minor program will consist of a coherent sequence of at least six courses. A minimum of two courses (minimum six credits) must be in addition to those courses required to complete a student's major degree program (which includes general education courses).
- In order for a course to count towards a minor, a grade of C or above must be achieved. At the discretion of the minor advisor, transfer credits may be applied to a minor, but these must constitute fewer than half of those applied to the minor program.
- To receive the minor at graduation, the student must complete a Minor Candidacy Form signed by the minor advisor after all minor requirements are fulfilled.