Stevens Venture Center Speaker Series
The Stevens Venture Center is located on the Hoboken waterfront, just two blocks from the Stevens campus. The center is open to members 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All SVC programs are managed from this office.
The SVC has 29 office workstations that members may use. SVC also offers a Design & Prototyping Center that equips members to generate a complete proof of concept – from 3D design to functioning prototype – of complete hardware- and software-based systems. Capabilities include modeling, circuit board prototyping and basic 3D printing, allowing users to create realistic prototypes that effectively demonstrate concepts to investors and potential partners. Capabilities include:
- 3D Design: 3D CAD/CAM design software suite running on a 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K display.
- 3D Printing: 3D printing is changing design, innovation, rapid prototyping and the overall commercialization process. Real prototypes can be created on-site with the 3-D printer, allowing rapid design changes and facilitating the evolution of new technologies.
Programs and Workshops
The Stevens Venture Center offers a full schedule of events and programs designed to educate entrepreneurs in good business practices and promote networking.
A network of Entrepreneurs-in-Residence provides guidance and direction to SVC members on specific industries and best practices in developing business and market plans that effectively address investors’ concerns and questions of investors.
The SVC provides, through collaborations with community professional service providers, services that our members require as they grow their enterprises.
- Legal Services: Through collaboration with the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law Entrepreneurial Law Clinic at Yeshiva University, SVC members have access to legal advice and services such as filing for incorporation; founder, investor and employment agreements; and compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Accounting and Tax Services: Entrepreneurs require advice and services related to meeting local, state and federal accounting requirements; the tax implications of granting equity; regulations related to fundraising and record-keeping and properly using accounting software.
- Funding Support: SVC can provide connections to angel investor and venture capital firms that are interested in and have already invested in Stevens startups.