The following opportunities are open to aspiring Stevens entrepreneurs:Please note: The opportunities described below are provided as a service to facilitate introductions between Stevens students and companies offering opportunities. Neither Stevens nor the Venture Center endorse or recommend any such opportunity or company. Any decision to enter into an employment, internship or other relationship with any company rests solely with the individual student, and all matters relating to such relationship are solely between the individual student and company.
Back-End Web Developer Needed to Complete Website in Support of Indie Artists of All Genres
Seeking a developer who will complete the back-end of the Wordpress prototype I have created. A database, among other additions, is needed.
Simply put, it is a website where Music Fans can easily discover new great talent...and wher Artists can attract new great Fans.
Paying $15 per hour.
Please contact if interested: Barbara [email protected] 917 626-3060
Cleantech Startup Looking for Engineering Expertise
Cleantech startup looking for engineering expertise, both on the electrical and mechanical side with fundamental knowledge and experience with:
- For Mechanical - Flywheel energy storage & design; power transmission and gear ratios; mechanical dynamics/kinematics; System Modeler (program)
- For Electrical - Electrical power generation & power systems engineering; grid interconnection of cleantech systems; IEEE 1547 and UL 1741 spec knowledge (related to grid tied power generation systems).
If interested, contact [email protected]
Creation Crate Seeks an Entrepreneurially-minded Student
Creation Crate is looking furially-minded student who wants to learn how to create an online business through Instagram! Our account has over 90K followers and we are looking for someone who is interested in learning how to manage influencers, create landing pages, learn how to automate social media postings, and create blog posts. The skills you will learn will empower you to be able to create your own business through social media. This internship is unpaid to start but we are looking to hire someone full time upon graduation (May 2018).
If interested, contact [email protected]
Looking for a Logistics Intern
Who We Are: NovaFit is a fitness company focused on designing ergonomic, aesthetic, and performance-based training equipment for commercial health clubs. The founders are two Stevens alumni with a true love for health and fitness. Our company is built around the idea of keeping people healthy and promoting longevity. We accomplish this by building innovative fitness equipment that works with you, not against you. We identified a gap in the market and are focused on building equipment that is engineered to work as an extension of the body.
Who We Are Looking For: Someone with the capability to:
- Analyze and compile received quotes and create a strategic supply chain.
- Be responsible for supporting logistics and purchasing functions including managing purchase orders and participation and/or lead contract negotiations.
- Collaborate daily with the President of Operations to plan, schedule, coordinate and approve product release based on material and capacity availability.
- Monitor and proactively address issues that impact the supply chain in order to forecast ship dates, lead times, response times, and inventory goals.
- Provide input to management, reschedules, and/or interfaces with suppliers and production control to reschedule production in the event of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Support inventory control, supply chain management, material planning and scheduling.
- Actively communicate and correspond with engineering for technical purchases (parts and equipment) and with quality assurance for resolution of defective material issues.
- Create and provide management with reports in Excel summarizing products, backorders, inventory, etc.
Compensation: This is an internship opportunity allowing you to gain real world experience. If you are looking to build your resume while getting in on the ground floor f an emerging new and innovative product with fellow Stevens' alumni, here is your chance!
Please email [email protected] with your resume and you could be an asset to our team.