The following opportunities are open to aspiring Stevens entreprenuers:Please note: The opportunities described below are provided as a service to facilitate introductions between Stevens students and companies offering opportunities. Neither Stevens nor the Venture Center endorse or recommend any such opportunity or company. Any decision to enter into an employment, internship or other relationship with any company rests solely with the individual student, and all matters relating to such relationship are solely between the individual student and company.
Looking for a Logistics Intern
Who We Are: NovaFit is a fitness company focused on desiging ergonomic, aesthetic, and performance-based training equipment for commercial health clubs. The founders are two Stevens alumni with a true love for health and fitness. Our company is built around the idea of keeping people healthy and promoting longevity. We accomplish this by building innovative fitness equipment that works with you, not against you. We identified a gap in the market and are focused on building equipment that is engineered to work as an extension of the body.
Who We Are Looking For: Someone with the capability to:
- Analyze and compile received quotes and create a strategic supply chain.
- Be responsible for supporting logistics and purchasing functions including managing purchase orders and participation and/or lead contract negotiations.
- Collaborate daily with the President of Operations to plan, schedule, coordinate and approve product release based on material and capacity availability.
- Monitor and proactively address issues that impact the supply chain in order to forecast ship dates, lead times, response times, and inventory goals.
- Provide imput to management, reschedules, and/or interfaces with suppliers and production control to reschedule production in the event of design changes, labor and material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Support inventory control, supply chain management, material planning and scheduling.
- Actively communicate and correspond with engineering for technical purchases (parts and equipment) and with quality assurance for resolution of defective material issues.
- Create and provide management with reports in Excel summarizing products, backorders, inventory, etc.
Compensation: This is an internship opportunity allowing you to gain real world experience. If you are looking to build your resume while getting in on the ground floor f an emerging new and innovative product with fellow Stevens' alumni, here is your chance!
Please email [email protected] with your resume and you could be an asset to our team.
Seeking Web Designer
Odessa+Josie is looking for an outstanding Web Designer to optimize the theme, layout and woo-commerce functionality of their Wordpress retail website.
1. Revise existing Odessa+Josie website to optimize the design capabilities of the theme and resolve security issues.
2. Site maintenance - may include weekly or monthly tasks, as needed.
3. Add woocommerce to existing website for Yun Yum pet products.
- Improve existing website layout/user interface using Wordpress front-end and back-end design practices.
- Communicate with owners about detailed website operations with a goal of self-sustaining web management.
- Be responsible for maintaining and expanding the site as business grows.
- Stay plugged into Wordpress capabilities and recommned updates.
- Proven experience and indepth knowledge of Wordpress front-end and back-end web design.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, maintenance, and best development practices.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, netowrk analytics tools.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Ability to respond quickly to resolve real-time issues.
- BS (or working towards) in computer science or a related field.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Shirley Gentry at [email protected]
RoadPower Seeking Engineering Students
This start-up is developing a unique energy system that will harvest the otherwise-wasted energy of vehicles slowing down on roadways. The founder is looking for Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering students interested in developing renewable energy technologies. Qualifications of the ideal candidate are knowledge of the industry and regulatory landscape; business-minded as to commercialization and marketing; passionate and enthusiastic about the future of renewable energy. If you are interested, please contact the founder, Ryan McIntosh at [email protected]
Seeking Android/iOS Developers
A Stevens alumnus is seeking one to two students interested in creating an app. The idea involves creating a consumer facing application. Time commitment is expected to be less than 20 hours per week. Compensation is negotiable. Please send your resume and cover letter to David Inga at [email protected]