Take flight this summer by participating in the inaugural year of the AI Research Summer (AIRS) Fellowship Program. Organized by the Stevens Institute for Artificial Intelligence (SIAI), the AIRS Fellowship Program empowers selected Stevens undergraduates to embark on an exciting research journey on a topic of their choice.
The SIAI's 2021 AIRS Fellowship Program
Humans and AI: An Evolving Partnership
The theme for the 2021 AIRS program is "Humans and AI: An Evolving Partnership". AI is already having an impact across myriad aspects of society, from mobility to healthcare, from education to finance, and more. In many of these scenarios, we find humans at the center: humans getting from place to place, humans striving toward wellness, humans teaching, humans learning, etc. As a scholarly community, we are now beginning to ask questions like, “How should AI augment human capabilities?” rather than, “When will AI replace humans?” This relationship between humans and AI is evolving. Selected projects in the 2021 AIRS program will target questions under this theme to better understand and enhance the relationship between humans and AI.
The AIRS Fellowship Program solicits independent undergraduate research project proposals from Stevens Undergraduates. The program runs over the summer during the months of June, July, and August with specific flexible individual scheduling.
The AIRS Fellowship provides:
- A $10,000 summer stipend to support you during the project.
- A presentation about your project and its results to the greater Stevens AI community.
- Recognition among the Stevens AI community for your independent work.
- Scholarly and social activities, with visits to local AI-related institutions (NEC Labs and others), picnics and more (all pandemic permitting).
- Access to SIAI resources.
Applications for the 2021 AIRS Fellowship are currently closed.