The Maritime Security Center held its 9th Annual Summer Research Institute June 4 - July 27, 2018 at the Stevens Institute of Technology campus in Hoboken, NJ.
24 students representing eight U.S. universities were competitively selected to participate in the 2018 summer research program. The average grade point average for the student group was a 3.7 out of 4.0.
The academic majors for this year's student cohort included: Applied Mathematics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Digital Forensics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Management, Mechanical Engineering, and Software Engineering.
Student Research Projects
Student research projects for the 2018 program included:
(Please click the links below to review the student teams' research posters and final research outcome presentation slides.)
- Utilization of Aerial Systems (UAS) in Law Enforcement, Safety and Security (aka UAS Buoy Team)
- Cybersecurity of Unmanned Aerial (UAS) and Underwater Vehicles (UUV)
- Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) Autonomy for Undersea Pipeline Inspections
- ROV Autonomy for Ship Hull Cleaning of Biofouling
- Wave Glider Design Optimization