Stevens' annual Innovation Expo provides invaluable experience about the startup process to teams of graduating seniors. By sponsoring Senior Design Projects, companies, and individuals, have the opportunity to build a working relationship with the talented students and make a direct impact on the education of future problem-solvers. Support a Senior Design Project today!
Support a Capstone Design Project
Working with faculty advisors, students engage in real-world design projects over two semesters. Teams will collaboratively work with you to develop and review requirements, assess innovative hardware or software designs, validate design concepts with limited prototyping and estimate cost of production. In addition, teams can propose and perform technical or management services for your organization, research and review applicable regulations and requirements and develop comprehensive reports.
Senior design teams consist of up to five students that work on a project from September to May. At the conclusion of the project, teams review findings and present deliverables, determined at the start of the project. Initial planning for a project typically starts in the spring for the coming academic year.
Corporate Project Sponsor: $10,000
- Students can generate fresh approaches and solutions to issues your company may not have time or resources to address.
- Opportunity to work with potential recruits for a whole year, ensuring that they're a good fit for your company. Gives your company early access to students, before career fairs.
- Student teams can perform more than 1,500 hours of work on a project.
- Sponsors will project objectives and preferred outcomes and deliverables with design team and faculty advisor.
- All design work to be performed by Stevens senior design teams, guided by one or more Stevens faculty members, who have periodic meetings with an industry liaison to discuss project progress.
- An opportunity to see potential hires in action and to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with these students
- Sponsor-faculty ties that may provide benefits in research or consulting
- Visibility for the sponsor on campus
- Access to select students at a meet-and-greet before or after the event (tentative)
- Access to a resume book organized by senior design category and project
The Office of Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Stevens will facilitate the intellectual property rights assignments.