Training Programs & Schedule
Upcoming Training Sessions
Get Started with Microsoft SharePoint Online Training
Monday, November 21, 2022 from 10-11 AM via Teams
This course focuses on the SharePoint Online experience in communication and team sites. Attendees will learn how to share and manage content, find information, and collaborate across their organization. This introductory course focuses on the experience for site members.
Assisting with Face-to-Face, Hybrid, and Online Courses: Canvas Essentials and Hybrid Technology in the Classroom for TAs
Wednesday, November 30, 2022 from 1-2 PM via Zoom
The Division of Information Technology invites you to join us for a 1-hour TA workshop on using Canvas to manage course content, communicate and engage students as well as hybrid technology in the classroom. This session provides TAs with tools and techniques to best assist instructors to teach face-to-face, hybrid or online courses.
After this 1-hour session, participants will be able to:
- Utilize tools in Canvas to foster communication with students.
- Create assignments/quizzes in Canvas and use Canvas Gradebook more effectively.
- Employ other external tools that are integrated with Canvas to create a robust and engaging learning experience. These tools include aPlus Attendance, Panopto, PollEverywhere and Gradescope.
- Utilize the integrated camera, microphones and interactive displays in the classroom to assist in hybrid courses with Zoom.
- Utilize the projection and audio systems in the classrooms for presentations or lectures.
Making the Gradebook Work for You
Thursday, December 1, 2022 from 1-2 PM via Zoom
Description: The purpose of this session is to help faculty use the Canvas gradebook more effectively in order to simplify workflows and create more transparency for students. The session will also cover some learning analytics tools in Canvas which can help instructors better understand students’ learning process and use these data to adapt and modify their instruction to improve learning outcomes.
After this session, participants will be able to:
- Create weighted categories in the gradebook to efficiently calculate grades
- Mute assignments so they are not included in the final course grade
- Use filters in the gradebook to see specific information to improve navigation, especially in gradebooks with many items
- Use learning analytic tools in Canvas to track student engagement and performance.
Click here to register →
Learning Technology Q&A
Monday, December 5, 2022 from 1-2 pm via Zoom
Do you have questions about Canvas, Zoom, Panopto or other learning technologies? Feel free to join the session at any time to speak with our learning technology team.
Click here to register →
Additional Training Resources
Click here for more Microsoft virtual workshops and training on OneDrive, SharePoint, Teams, Microsoft Forms, Excel, PowerPoint and more!
Need IT Support?
Get support through our self help resources, contacting IT support or visiting TRAC.