The service works like a shared shuttle that comes when you want, where you want (at campus sites and select sites in Hoboken). Book rides straight from your phone, get picked up in minutes, and never worry about making it to class or work on time. The Stevens Shuttle app is available for download in Apple's App Store and Google Play. Search for "Stevens Shuttle". It can also be found here in Google Play and here in Apple's App Store.
How to create an account:
1. Download the Stevens Shuttle app from the App Store or Google Play (search for "Stevens Shuttle").
2. Open the app.
3. Select "Get Started".
4. Select "Don't have an account yet?"
5. Enter your personal details, including stevens.edu email, and select "Next".
6. Complete registration.
How to book a ride:
1. Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you. Please confirm you are going to take a ride before requesting one. Cancellations negatively impact the service for other riders.
2. Check the app to find out exactly where to meet the vehicle.
3. Meet your driver. Look for a black Toyota Sienna minivan with New York license plates. Confirm the vehicle's license plate number and look for a "Stevens Shuttle" decal on the side of the vehicle. Your pickup location may be a short walk from the address you provided. The driver will wait for 2 minutes beyond the stated pickup time. Please show up on time so you don't slow the service or miss your ride.
Note: If you need a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle (WAV), select the three horizontal lines at the top left of the app, select your name, and select the toggle next to "Wheelchair accessibility".
Rides from campus site (locations on the app's map outlined in red) to campus site and between campus sites and the Hoboken Terminal, 9th St. light rail station, 2nd St. light rail station, and hospital (locations on the app's map outlined in blue).
Weekdays: 5:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sundays: 12:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Rides are offered anywhere in the service zone (all of Hoboken) as long as they begin or end at a campus site (locations on the app's map outlined in red).
7 days a week: 8:00 p.m. - 3:00 a.m.
All rides are free!
Until further notice, masks must be worn covering the nose and mouth at all times while riding the Stevens Shuttle.
Please utilize the "Contact Us" option in the Stevens Shuttle app if you experience any issues using the app or the service.
Stevens Shuttle Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to the use of the Stevens Shuttle. The guidelines are established to promote public safety, facilitate the proper use of the shuttles, protect passengers, and ensure the safety of the shuttle drivers. These guidelines may be amended or added to, from time to time, at the sole discretion of Stevens Institute of Technology.
1. Only Stevens students and employees with active stevens.edu email addresses may use a Stevens Shuttle.
2. All Stevens guidelines and policies, and all criminal laws, apply on a Stevens Shuttle; Stevens Police officers are authorized to enforce guidelines, policies, and laws on a Stevens Shuttle, and to remove any person who does not comply with those guidelines, policies, or laws.
3. Neither Stevens nor the shuttle operator is responsible for personal property left on a Stevens Shuttle.
4. No person shall stand in a Stevens Shuttle while it is in operation, occupy more than one seat, or place a foot on a seat.
5. No person shall interfere with the safe operation of a Stevens Shuttle, including creating noise that interferes with a driver’s ability to operate a Stevens Shuttle.
6. No person shall act in a manner that may cause or tend to cause annoyance, alarm, or inconvenience to a reasonable person, or create a breach of the peace in a Stevens Shuttle; a listening device may only be used with properly functioning headphones or earphones that limit sound to the user.
7. No person, without authorization, shall post, distribute, or display any sign, poster, notice, advertisement, or other printed or written material in or on a Stevens Shuttle.
8. No person shall deface, cause damage to, or create an unsanitary condition in a Stevens Shuttle.
9. No person shall bring onto a Stevens Shuttle liquid in a container that does not have a replaceable cap or food in a container that cannot be closed or sealed.
10. No person shall smoke or carry an open flame or lighted match, cigar, cigarette, e-cigarette, or pipe in a Stevens Shuttle.
11. No person shall bring onto a Stevens Shuttle an illegal substance or a weapon in violation of the Stevens Weapon Policy.
12. No person shall bring onto a Stevens Shuttle an animal unless enclosed in a carrier; service animals and therapy animals are allowed on a Stevens Shuttle without being enclosed in carriers but shall not interfere with the movement, safety, or enjoyment of other passengers.