Further your career with the emerging discipline of computational social science!
About the Certificate
By earning Stevens' computational social science graduate certificate, students will learn the tools required to meet the evolving requirements of employers related to the collection, analysis, and critique of data with applications to society. Students will demonstrate basic data cleaning, visualization, and analysis skills through the use of statistical, computational, and social science methods.
- EM 624 – Informatics for Engineering Management
- EM 622 – Data Visualizations for Decision-making
- HSS/EM 570 – Data-Driven Storytelling
- HSS 517 – Quantitative Social Science* (New class!)
- Understand the unique challenges that social data present in relation to societal issues
- Develop data visualizations that can be used by policy-makers, journalists, academics, and industry professionals for decision-making
- Identify, define, collect, analyze, and communicate relevant data related to computational social science
- Gain the ability to collect, use, and analyze large-scale data and generate informatics
- Develop basic knowledge of tools, such as Python, for computational social science applications
The computational social science graduate certificate was built through a partnership between Stevens' College of Arts and Letters and School of Systems & Enterprises. Be sure to learn more about Stevens' graduate programs, all of which teach students critical skills in science and technology while connecting them with leading industry professionals.