Hoboken, N.J. – Stevens Institute of Technology has launched updates to its official iPhone, iPad and Android apps, giving mobile and tablet users improved access to the latest news, events, multimedia and more. The 2.0 versions of the apps feature push notifications, improved performance and a completely new design interface.
Stevens originally launched iPhone and iPad apps in 2010, followed by an Android app in 2011. The apps allow members of the Stevens community across the globe – including current students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and prospective students – to stay connected to the University.
“The Stevens apps currently engage more than 4,000 people across 30 countries with real-time information and media,” said Michael Schinelli, assistant vice president for marketing and communications. “We worked very closely with our partner, Straxis, to create an exciting new design that speaks to the innovation happening across the University. Mobile is a powerful, growing channel and we look forward to building on our momentum.”
The apps include:
• Links: access to University web pages
• Weather: The 7-day forecast in Hoboken, N.J.
• Multimedia: Photos and videos including the EdwinAStevens70 YouTube channel
• Facebook: Facebook.com/Stevens1870 and Twitter: @FollowStevens
• Checklist: To-dos for undergraduate and graduate applicants
• Athletics: Ducks sports news, schedules and score updates
• Campus News: Headlines from across the University
• Events: A calendar of upcoming events of interest to the Stevens community
• Campus Map: An interactive way to find campus buildings and explore Stevens
• Polls: A tool to answer questions about Stevens and share your favorite things
• Courses: The latest academic course catalog
• References: Information and facts about Stevens
The Stevens Android app updated automatically for all users. Go to the iTunes App Store to update your iPhone or iPad app.
Download the Android App
Download the iPhone App
About Stevens Institute of Technology
Founded in 1870, Stevens Institute of Technology, The Innovation University™, lives at the intersection of industry, academics and research. The University's students, faculty and partners leverage their collective real-world experience and culture of innovation, research and entrepreneurship to confront global challenges in engineering, science, systems and technology management.
Based in Hoboken, N.J. and with a location in Washington, D.C., Stevens offers baccalaureate, master’s, certificates and doctoral degrees in engineering, the sciences and management, in addition to baccalaureate degrees in business and liberal arts. Stevens has been recognized by both the US Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Excellence in the areas of systems engineering and port security research. The University has a total enrollment of more than 2,350 undergraduate and 3,600 graduate students with almost 450 faculty. Stevens’ graduate programs have attracted international participation from China, India, Southeast Asia, Europe and Latin America as well as strategic partnerships with industry leaders, governments and other universities around the world. Additional information may be obtained at www.stevens.edu and www.stevens.edu/news.