Application Deadline: Friday, March 20, 2015
Applications open: January 5, 2015
Application Deadline: March 20, 2015
TechLaunch 4: May 26 - September 1, 2015
Demo Day: September 17, 2015
TechLaunch4 is an outside event for Stevens.
TechLaunch Announces Open Applications:
Applications are open for tech entrepreneurs interested in joining TechLaunch, NJ’s investor led technology accelerator, housed off-campus at Montclair State University. This will be TechLaunch’s 4th program, beginning its 16-week program in May and ending with Demo Day on September 17, 2015.
The selection process will narrow the entrants down to 6-8 teams who will be invited to participate in the 2015 Technology and Business Bootcamp program.
TechLaunch, formed in collaboration with the NJ Economic Development Authority (EDA), Jumpstart NJ Angel Network, and Casabona Ventures, is an investor led Technology Accelerator created in 2012 to drive the commercialization of emerging technology. Since then it has launched 26 technology focused companies. TechLaunch provides a select group of technology ventures with business training, access to over 130 business and tech mentors, co-working space, key business services, exposure to qualified investors and access to funding, through a proven 16-week business Bootcamp program. The program culminates in Demo Day with Investor pitches and demonstrations of the developed products.
Submit Applications Online
Submission starts: March 9th, 2015
Submission ends: April 10th, 2015 5:00 PM
Submit here: Online Submission Form-2015 (Availaible from March 9th, 2015)
I&E Summer Scholars Program Overview:
Undergraduate summer entrepreneur and research opportunity in innovative design, research and/or business projects for a period of ten weeks.
Students receive a maximum stipend of $3500. Students are expected to conduct 35 hours of research work per week.
Students can apply for on-campus housing assistance for those living 25 miles away from Stevens, up to $2600 limit.
Student Eligibility Requirements:
- Students are expected to conduct the research on-campus, on a full time basis under the direct supervision of a faculty or research staff member from Stevens.
- The minimum accepted overall cumulative GPA is 3.0 as of the Fall Semester 2014.
- Students must be full time Stevens undergraduates who will be registered as undergraduates for the Fall Semester 2015.
- Interdisciplinary projects are encouraged, but there must be a primary faculty advisor.
- Projects that continue into the school year are encouraged. (Continued funding from the program will be by application only).
- Students are expected to work on their Stevens project full time, with no other employment or academic work, classes are not allowed to be taken.
- Stevens Scholars are not eligible to receive funding from the I&E Program, however, can collaborate on I&E Projects.
I&E Summer Scholar Program Information:
For more information: click I&E Summer Scholars Program
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
DeBaun Auditorium & Canavan Arena
The Stevens Innovation Expo, being held on April 29, 2015, is our annual showcase of Stevens faculty and student research and innovation. The day-long program features lectures on current research from faculty and invited industry leaders advancing innovation; student pitch and project plan competitions, which confer invaluable experience about the startup process to teams of graduating seniors; and an afternoon exhibition of Senior Design Projects, the capstone of the Stevens undergraduate experience.
Learn more about the expo: www.stevens.edu/expo
If you are interested in partnering with Stevens or sponsoring the expo please contact Sandra Furnbach, Event Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 201.216.8186