$25,000 Cash Prizes: The Start Something Challenge Video Competition
Wednesday, September 18, 2013 – ( 11:30 am to 12:00 pm )
Location: Sign up by sending an email to: Justyna@RisingTideCapital.org
Do you have a business idea? Is your non-profit starting a new initiative? Are you launching a new product? Share what you’re starting using a free online tool at Animoto that takes your pictures or video clips and transforms them into a cool short video clip that can be shared with millions in a matter of minutes, and win up to $10,000 for your business!
How does it work?
- Sign up by sending an email to Justyna@RisingTideCapital.org
- Create a 30-second video using the Lite/Free version of Animoto, illustrating your business idea. Once you're finished building your video export it to YouTube.
- Create a short description of your business idea, product or service (150 words max)
- The submission deadline has been extended! Submit your entry by noon on 9/18/13 for a chance to win a business grant, receive valuable feedback and significant exposure for your business
- After two rounds of online voting, ten finalists will be chosen to pitch their ideas live in front of a panel of experts and celebrity judges on 11/18/2013
- $30,000 in Cash and Prizes! 1st Place $10,000 | 2nd Place $7,500 | 3rd Place $5,000
Why bother? You can win up to $10,000 for your business! Business pitch competitions are one way to cultivate new relationships and generate cash - two important components to help start or grow a business. By competing in the Start Something Challenge, your business idea will receive valuable feedback from experts and celebrity judges, significant web and media exposure, as well as up to $10,000 to grow your business idea.
Steven’s students had success last year for this competition - Read about it here:
Stevens Alumni Win Funding for Start-Up Venture Built Around Medical Device Invention