• Only current faculty, staff and students may check out Laptops. Patrons must have a valid library account in good standing and must read, agree to, and sign the Laptop Loan Agreement.
• The Laptop Loan Agreement must be read and signed each time a Laptop is borrowed. Only one Laptop can be checked out per person. Under no circumstances will a user be allowed to check out a Laptop for another person.
• Laptops can be checked out from the Samuel C. WIlliams circulation desk during regular operating hours. The loan period is 4 hours within the library for students and staff, and 4 hours with the option to take out of the library for faculty.
• Laptops are provided on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis. The Samuel C. Williams Library cannot guarantee that a Laptop will be available. Laptops can be renewed only if there is no one waiting for a Laptop. Borrowers must check at the desk to at the end of their loan period to see if they can renew.
• All Laptops must be returned to the Library circulation desk during regular operating hours.
Fines and Damages
• A $5.00 late fee per hour (not to exceed $25 per day) will be assessed if the Laptop is returned past its due time. Fines will be recorded on the borrower's library record and may result in borrowing and registration restrictions.
• The working condition of the Laptop will be assessed before checkout and upon its return. Users are responsible for damage to and/or loss or theft of loaned units. Users are required to report any problems experienced with the Laptop during their borrowing period.
• The replacement cost for a lost, stolen, or damaged Laptop is $350. A charge of $20.00 will be assessed for each lost power cord and adapter. Damage charges will be assessed based on the actual repair costs. If a Laptop is 3 days overdue, it is considered lost or stolen, and the borrower will be charged for its replacement.
• Laptops available for checkout have 16gb of storage and are equipped with WiFi. Laptops come with preloaded sample ﬁles and applications, but users may sync additional data and applications, with the understanding that all data will be wiped and replaced with the standard preloaded ﬁles and apps when the Laptop is returned to the Samuel C. Williams Library. Any additional apps or media purchased by the borrower during the loan period must be done with the borrower's own funds, and are not the responsibility of the Library. Any data or documents saved to the Laptop by the patron during the loan period will be permanently erased during the restore process.