Digital Collections

 

The Babylonian tablets were donated in 1902 by Alexander C. Humphreys, President of Stevens Institute of Technology, in memory of the late Dr. Henry Morton, who preceded him as head of the Institute. Dr. Morton was an authority on hieroglyphic languages. He played an important role in the translation of the "Rosetta" stone. More >

cuneiform
Frederick Winslow Taylor (1856-1915), pioneered the application of engineering principles to shop management in the movement that came to be known as scientific management. The collection consists largely of Taylor's personal and work-related correspondence, including his communications with companies interested in implementing scientific management.
More >
fw taylor
This collection contains one of the finest accumulations in the Western Hemisphere of prints, manuscripts in facsimile and books by and about Leonardo da Vinci. this collection was started with a donation by John William Lieb. More >
davinci

Stevens Institute of Technology has a large collection of colonial paper currency. Most of the collection comes from the min of 1780. More >
currency
Stevens family history, genealogy and artifacts from the original Stevens Castle can be found within this collection. Records are in the form of biographies, correspondence, articles, books, photographs, and also include items such as the Stevens family papers on microfilm. More >
stevens family
The Stevens Institute Archive contains records regarding the founding and history of Stevens Institute of Technology. The archive has information about faculty, student organizations and institute publications, including the Stute, the Indicator, the Link, and school catalogs. The Stevens Institute Archives also has many small collections including, but not limited to, Hoboken, Babylonian cuneiform, Japanese battle armor from 1504 and the original drawings of the Civil War ironclad U.S.S. Monitor. More >
stevens institute