The 2020 Stevens Math Olympiad date is Saturday, May 16, 2020. Registration is required for this event. Registration will open in late February/early March. If you would like to be placed on a 2020 Stevens Math Olympiad interest list, please email [email protected].
The Stevens Math Olympiad is a free mathematics competition for students in grades 3-12 that entails solving mathematical and logical problems, as well as demonstrating the joy and excitement of mathematics.
The Olympiad has the following goals:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for mathematics
- To introduce important mathematical concepts to students
- To strengthen mathematical intuition and creativity
- To attract bright middle and high school students to Stevens Institute of Technology
Students are offered 15 problems to solve in five divisions: grades 3-4, grades 5-6, grades 7-8, grades 9-10 and grades 11-12.
Ways to Prepare
Below are some suggested materials for students looking to do preparation problems ahead of the Stevens Math Olympiad.
- Sample problems from past Stevens Math Olympiads
- The Mathematical Circles Library, which contains a number of volumes on problem solving for various grade levels. These books are not free, but many are reasonably priced.
- Problems and solutions from the American Mathematics Competitions. These problems are for grades 8-12 only but they are freely available. The website also links to further resources for preparing for a mathematics competition.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
We gratefully acknowledge financial support from the Mathematical Association of America and from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.