Speaker: Bill Moore, Moore & Associates
This lecture will focus on the following points:
- Current Trends in Designing Packaging for Recyclability - Paper vs. Plastic
- Covid Induced E-Commerce Explosion & Packaging Impacts
- Changes in Recycling Collection Relating to Packaging
- What Happens to Paper-based Packaging at the Material Recovery Facilities?
- Common environmental myths and greenwashing occurring with some types of packaging
- How Non-Paper Contaminants Affect Recycled Paper Production
Bill Moore is president of Moore & Associates, an international consulting firm that provides a range of strategic services and research to global recycling organizations.
Bill has had a forty-five-year career as an environmental business professional. Prior to establishing his own consulting firm twenty-five years ago, he held a series of positions in the chemical, solid waste, paper, and recycling industries. This included Director of Recycling for Waste Management, Inc., where he was responsible for the startup of the “Recycle America” program, the largest introduction of recycling services in the United States. Earlier in his career, Bill was a hazardous and groundwater waste expert and was at the forefront of the US manufacturing industry’s move for waste reduction through process optimization. Bill’s unique knowledge base includes all aspects of the global supply and demand of recovered paper, where he is currently considered the leading expert.
He has a Bachelor of Chemical Engineering from Stevens Institute of Technology, Class of 1973. Bill is a sought after speaker throughout the world on subjects related to global recycling and the business side of environmental issues.
Live Webcast: https://bit.ly/3RiGQmZ
For More Information, please contact:
Dr. Dibs Sarkar
HUGO NEU Corporation
Brown and Caldwell
H2M Architects and Engineers
The Catalyst Group