Executive Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Reporting to the Provost Christophe Pierre, the executive director of institutional research and effectiveness is responsible for the collection, maintenance and reporting of institutional data and the preparation of reports essential to institutional effectiveness and strategic planning. As executive director, Minghui Wang oversees and facilitates essential functions including institutional research, data management, benchmarking and external and internal reporting in these areas. Minghui also leads programs and efforts in institutional effectiveness and continuous improvement processes including educational unit and student outcomes assessments.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director of Institutional Research and Effectiveness:
- Manage the functions of the Office of Institutional Research and effectiveness and supervise the staff.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for data requests from internal and external users.
- Conduct regular data extraction, management, analysis, interpretation, and communication of results as institutional responses to external and internal queries on a wide range of issues.
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing data management policies and procedures. Build strong processes for information flow and effectively implement initiatives for quality and timeliness.
- Facilitate the assembly, processing, analysis, and communication of data to help inform decisionmaking and improve effectiveness of university functions.
- Plan, design, and maintain trend analyses, reports, and models in support of institutional decision making.
- Administer the completion of required regulatory reports including IPEDS.
- Coordinate reports for trade groups, various publications and other external constituents.
- Manage data collection, processing and reporting for a variety of internal surveys.
- Provides training and consultation related to the design, implementation and documentation of effective assessment strategies.
- Participates and support the institutional planning process.
- Working with others, ensure the process for the assessment of student learning requirements is robust and meets university and accreditor requirements.
- Work cooperatively with faculty, staff and administrators to advance the achievement of the university's Strategic Plan.
- Identify and recommend solutions for improvements and efficiencies using existing and new technologies.
- Facilitate training in the use of data and reporting among appropriate internal users.
- Partner with crossfunctional teams to troubleshoot and remedy system issues.
- Ensure the maintenance of documentation for data management and reporting.