F-1 students are automatically eligible to begin on-campus employment up to 30 days prior to the program start date on their Form I-20. Students interested in finding a position on campus should visit the Student Employment website. Students participating in on-campus employment must abide by the requirements below:
- Engage only in employment on Stevens’ premises with Stevens’ departments, faculty, organizations, etc. Commercial firms located on Stevens’ premises, which provide services to students, such as Dining Services, are also considered on-campus employment.
- You may work up to twenty (20) hours per week during “required terms” (fall and spring semesters).
- You may work more than twenty (20) hours a week during semester breaks included in the program (winter holiday, spring break, and summer break).
- You may not engage in employment after you have completed your program at Stevens, regardless of the program end date listed on the Form I-20.
- Once you have completed your coursework in your final term, you must cease any on-campus employment.
- You must obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) and complete all employment documents required by the Student Employment Office before you may begin working on campus.