Stevens has partnered with Panopto to bring a new Video Content Management System (VCMS) to campus. Panopto is a cloud-based video management platform which allows you to create, edit and share video content. VCMS with Panopto is available to all students, faculty and staff and will be fully integrated into both Canvas and Zoom.
IT is working with the following groups to ensure we provide the campus community with a useful and intuitive platform.
- Faculty Committee: Professor Canizzo, Professor Grogan, Professor Harrari, Professor Lippizzi, Professor Manzione, Professor Pate, Professor Ryan, Professor Salman, Professor Zotti
Phase I - Training and consultation starting Spring 2022
- Stevens licensed with Panopto
- Spring 2022 - Early Adopters Program
- We encourage users to join the Early Adopters Program to start learning how to use Panopto. Please visit the Knowledge Base page for more information on Panopto and how to get started.
- April 11, 2022 - Content Migration Start
- The Division of IT starts the 1st round of content migration from Kaltura to Panopto. Please note during the migration, users can still access, play and download Kaltura videos. We strongly encourage users to review your videos in Kaltura and delete any videos you no longer need by following the instructions from our Knowledge Base page. This will help cut down on migration timelines and provide a smoother transition.
- May 18, 2022 - End of Spring Semester 2022 - Kaltura Becomes “View Only”
- Kaltura will become "View Only." Users will NOT be able to create, edit, or publish any new content using Kaltura. All new video content going forward should be created in Panopto. However, existing video and audio content that has already been published will remain accessible until December 31, 2022.
- The integration between Kaltura and Zoom is disabled. Zoom Recordings will NOT be copied to Kaltura.
Phase II - Launch Summer 2022
- Begin using Panopto solely for video management
- May 19, 2022 - Second Stage of Content Migration
- The integration between Panopto and Zoom is enabled. This means all Zoom recordings will automatically be added to Panopto.
- The Division of IT starts its FINAL round of content migration from Kaltura to Panopto.
- July 2022 - Content Migration
- Videos migrated from Kaltura available in Panopto.
- First round of content migration completed.
- Note: we only migrated videos with at least one play and created before 4/12/22. Users will have the option to move any additional videos once the migration is complete.
Phase III - Fall 2022
- Panopto is launched to the entire campus community
- Training for students/faculty/staff on how to use Panopto, Canvas and Zoom Integrations, and much more
- December 31, 2022 - Kaltura Decommissioned
- Kaltura is no longer accessible by students, faculty and staff.
For additional support contact us at [email protected]