Resources for Parents
Starting the Conversation: College and Your Mental Health (essential reading for parents from JED and NAMI about navigating mental health during college)
College Parents of America (short, insightful articles that help explore many questions you may have)
College Parent Central (practical advice)
- The Happiest Kid on Campus by Harlan Cohen and visit the website.
- Letting Go: A Parents' Guide to Understanding the College Years by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- You're On Your Own - But I'm Here If You Need Me by Marjorie Savage
- The Empty Nest: 31 Parents Tell the Truth About Relationships, Love and Freedom After the Kids Fly the Coop by Karen Stabiner
- College of the Overwhelmed: The Campus Mental Health Crisis and What to Do about It by Richard Kadison, M.D. and Theresa DiGeronimo
Share one of these books with your son or daughter:
- 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know: (Like Buying Your Books Before Exams Start)
- 1001 Things Every Teen Should Know Before They Leave Home (Or Else They'll Come Back) - both by Harry H. Harrison, Jr.
- The Naked Roommate by Harlan Cohen