Student Life Mission: Our team prepares students holistically through leadership development, co-curricular programming, community engagement, and dialogue around inclusion and diversity. We strive to create a community of learners that think critically and act responsibly both within the Stevens community and beyond.
To contact the Office of Student Life, please email [email protected].
Leo Pedraza, Ph.D. | Assistant Dean of Students | Director of Student Life
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.5679
Dr. Leo Pedraza joined Stevens in November 2018, and he has dedicated the last 20 years to helping students succeed in college. Dr. Pedraza earned his Ph.D. in Higher Education Leadership, Management, and Policy at Seton Hall University, an M.Ed. in College Student Services Administration at Oregon State University, and a B.A. in Communication Studies at Cal State Long Beach. He is originally a Southern Californian but has been an East Coast resident since 2002. Outside of work, he enjoys a good burrito, traveling, playing volleyball, and anything on Disney Plus.
- Oversight of Student Life programs, organization policy, and operations
- Budget oversight, financial approval, and contract negotiations
- Advisor to the Student Government Association, Commuter Student Union, and liaison to arts & music organizations
- Civic engagement and parent/family programs
- Mediation, crisis management, and judicial hearings
Chris Shemanski | Associate Director of Student Life
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.8962
Chris joined the Student Life team in November 2013. Prior to joining Stevens, Chris received his MS in Student Affairs and Higher Education from Texas A&M University and his B.A. in Economics and Political Science from Manhattan College. As someone born and raised in South Jersey, Chris finds himself embracing his life in North Jersey and taking advantage of all the sights and sounds of NYC and the Hoboken/Jersey City area. Whether a student wants to chat over a glass of wah-tur or a cup of caw-fee, Chris is eager to help students explore their passions and interests beyond the classroom.
- New student and transition programs
- Community service and civic engagement opportunities
- Administration of student engagement platform, DuckLink
- Leadership development initiatives
- Student organization support and liaison to professional organizations
Liliana Delman | Assistant Director of Diversity Education
Email: l[email protected] | Phone: 201.216.5624
Liliana (she/her) joined the Student Life team in March 2019. In her role, she works to create inclusive communities and serves as a diversity and inclusion subject-matter specialist for students, faculty, and staff. Born and raised in Northern California, Liliana earned her B.A. in American Studies and Urban Studies from Smith College where she concentrated on intersections of race and gender in social movements and an M.S. in Student Affairs in Higher Education with a concentration in Diversity, Equity & Culture from Miami University. In her free time, Liliana enjoys spending time in nature, traveling, and greeting dogs around Hoboken.
- Programming and operations of the Intercultural Space and the Lore-El Center for Women’s Leadership
- Workshops and trainings on diversity, social identity development, cultural competence, intersectionality, allyship
- Liaison to all cultural, LGBTQ, and faith-based organizations
- Advocates for students regarding institutional concerns related to housing, academics, registrar, etc.
- History & heritage month cultural celebrations
Malcolm McDaniel | Assistant Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.3366
Born and raised in Queens, NY, Malcolm has been a member of Stevens since January of 2018. He received his B.S. in Speech Language Pathology and Audiology from Long Island University, Post Campus and a M.S. Ed. in Higher Education Leadership and Policy Studies from Hofstra University. He is also an Hermano of Latino America Unida, Lambda Alpha Upsilon Fraternity, Inc. Outside of Student Life, you can probably find Malcolm talking about competitive reality shows like Survivor and Big Brother, enjoying honey hickory BBQ boneless wings, or playing his PS4.
- Advisement to 20 Greek-lettered social organizations, and 3 governing councils, and 2 programmatic councils
- Oversee Primary Recruitment for three governing councils
- Provides education on risk management, social events, hazing prevention
- Serves as liaison between chapters and other students, campus partners, headquarters staff
Danielle Maxson | Student Life Advisor
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.3403
Danielle has been part of the Student Life team since June 2018. Before starting at Stevens, Danielle received her M.Ed. in Higher Education Administration from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and her B.A. in English and Educational Studies from Arcadia University. Born and raised in Bayville, NJ, Danielle is a Jersey girl through and through. Outside of Student Life, you can find her baking up a batch of cupcakes, enjoying a Broadway show in the city, or eating all the pizza Hoboken has to offer!
- Leadership Programs for students through workshops, courses, and events
- Advisor to the Entertainment Committee and co-advisor to Student Government Association
- Advisement of student organizations
- Annual campus-wide large-scale events and traditions
- Recruitment, selection and training of Peer Leader team
- New Student Programs
Lilly Tejada | Financial Assistant
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.5206
Lilly joined the Student Life team in October 2018. Prior to joining Stevens, Lilly received her BS in Human Resource Management from State University of New York at Oswego and is currently pursuing her MS in Public Administration from John Jay College. Lilly was born and raised in Queens, New York and lived in Orlando, Florida for 10 years. Outside of Student Life, you can find her exploring NYC with friends, creating floral arrangements, and trying a new recipe!
Amanda DePinho | Graduate Coordinator for Fraternity & Sorority Life
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.5532
Amanda joined the Student Life team as a graduate coordinator in August 2019. She is currently completing her M.Ed. in Higher Education at Montclair State University where she also got her B.A. in Psychology and Women, Sexuality and Gender studies. Outside of Student Life, Amanda loves watching reality TV, traveling, and drinking an iced coffee in any weather!
- IMPACT Leadership retreat for Greek students
- Educational programs for new members of the Greek community
- Risk management, social events, and hazing prevention
- Advisor to the Interfraternity Council (IFC) and Order of Omega (OoO)
Kody Guedes | Graduate Coordinator for Diversity Education
Email: [email protected] | Phone: 201.216.5048
Kody has been apart of the Student life team since Fall 2020 and is from New Brunswick, New Jersey and received his B.A. from William Paterson University. Kody is a Graduate Student at Montclair State University working towards his M.A. in Higher Education. A fun fact is that he really wants a pet chow chow (dog that looks like a bear and has a cute blue tongue) and to name him Bear.
- History and Heritage Month Celebrations
- Working with cultural clubs and organizations
- Social justice and equity programming
- Serves on the Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity committee for Student Affairs