Stevens graduate candidates from Summer '21, Fall '21 and Spring '22 will celebrate their commencement on May 25 and 26, 2021 at the Meadowlands Expo Center (MEC).
SStevens has a number of traditional events leading up to the ceremonies:
- Faculty Awards & Recognition Ceremony (for Faculty) - Monday, May 23, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. - University Center Complex (Tech Flex, ground floor), followed by a reception (same location.)
- Graduate Awards Ceremony (for Masters and Ph.D. award recipients and their guests) - Monday, May 23, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at DeBaun Auditorium with reception to follow in Babbio Atrium. (Award recipients will be notified in early May.) The award ceremony will be live streamed and linked to this page.
- Senior Awards Ceremony (for Bachelors award recipients and their guests) - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. at Canavan Arena, Schaefer Athletic Center. (Award recipients will be notified in early May.) The award ceremony will be live streamed and linked to this page.
- GradFest 2022 - Party in the USA (for all graduate candidates, their family and guests, and faculty/staff) - Tuesday, May 24, 2022 from 7:00 - 9:30 p.m. on the lawns and outdoor venues across campus.
Commencement Ceremonies 2022
Stevens will hold four commencement ceremonies this year, each held at the Meadowlands Expo Center (MEC) in Secaucus, NJ:
Wednesday, May 25, 2022 - Undergraduate Ceremonies
- 10:00 a.m. - School of Business, School of Systems & Enterprises, and College of Arts & Letters
- 3:00 p.m. - School of Engineering & Science
Thursday, May 26, 2022 - Graduate Ceremonies (including Ph.D.)
- 10:00 a.m. - School of Business and School of Systems & Enterprises
- 3:00 p.m. - School of Engineering & Science
Faculty are encouraged to participate in all of the ceremonies by walking in the academic processions and being a part of the platform party. Staff are encourage to participate in all of the ceremonies by being a volunteer for the event. See below for more information.
Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony
Please note that the stand-alone Ph.D. Hooding Ceremony that was usually held at DeBaun Auditorium has now been incorporated into the Graduate Ceremonies on Thursday, May 26, 2002 at Meadowlands Expo Center. Further details will be emailed out to the doctoral advisors and students so they are aware of the procedure. Please make sure you have (or have ordered by April 12th) your regalia and have RSVP'd for the appropriate ceremony (see below.) Ph.D. candidates and advisors will particpate by school, with School of Business and School of Systems & Enterprises being honored at the 10:00 a.m. ceremony, and the School of Engineering & Science being honored at the 3:00 p.m. ceremony.
Faculty RSVP and Academic Regalia
We have passed the deadline to orders rental sets of academic regalia for faculty to participate. However, if you have your own set of regalia and would like to attend, please fill out the following RSVP form by May 9, 2022: my.stevens.edu/FacultyRSVPCommencement
Volunteering for House Staff
All staff are encouraged to join our volunteer usher team! We meet once or twice on campus prior to the event for training, and then we help the ceremonies run smoothly on May 25 and 26. We ask all volunteers to sign up for 2 ceremonies - either 1 full day, or 1 particular school. It's a very rewarding and enjoyable time as we help create the celebration of our graduating students with their family and friends. To sign up, or for any questions or concerns, please email [email protected] Deadline to sign up is May 2, 2022.
Transportation and Meals
A light breakfast and full lunch will be provided for all staff and faculty participating in the ceremonies. There is plenty of free parking at MEC, and (if necessary) transportation to and from the venue can be provided by Uber, Lyft or carpooling. Further information will be emailed directly to the faculty.
Family Members Graduating
Stevens has a tradition of offering faculty and staff members the opportunity to participate in the Commencement ceremony if an immediate family member is receiving a degree.
When the graduate’s name is called, the Stevens employee is invited to congratulate the graduate on stage, along with the President, Provost, or Dean, and pose for a picture. In addtion to this honor, the Stevens employee along with their family will also be offered VIP seating for the ceremony.
If you would like to congratulate a graduate who is an immediate family member who will participate in one of the ceremonies on May 25 or 26, 2022, please contact us by May 4, 2022. Send an email to [email protected] that includes your name, the name of the graduate, the degree being received and from what school, along with your contact information. We will then review the details of this exciting opportunity with you and confirm participation.
If you have general questions, please contact the Office of University Events at 201.216.5111 or [email protected].