|COORDINATOR, WRITING AND COMMUNICATIONS CENTER|
M.S. Narrative Medicine, Columbia University, New York, NY
B.A. Psychology, New York University, New York, NY
Gender, gender and race as fiction, queer negativity and the death drive, the history of psychoanalysis, poetic prose, poetry of protest, medical and scientific humanities and ethics, science writing
Chris Grilo holds a Master of Science in Narrative Medicine from Columbia University. Her research interests include gender, gender and race as fiction, queer negativity, the history of psychoanalysis, poetic prose, and poetry of protest.
- Grilo, C.N. (2013). "(C)lashback: Queer Theory's Negative Turn(s)", Clash Zones: Identities in (R)evolution. The Graduate Consortium in Women's Studies (GCWS) at MIT. Cambridge, MA.
- Grilo, C.N. (2012). "(Un)safely (Un)doing Gender: Understanding Queer Theoryís Negative Turn and Gender as Fiction", In-Trans: Reading Between the Lines. Comparative Literature Department and the Writerís Institute. CUNY Graduate Center, New York, NY.
- Frontera JA, De Los Reyes K, Gowda A, Grilo C, Gordon E, Winn HR, Bederson JB, Patel A. (2009). "Financial Impact of Surgical versus Endovascular Aneurysm Repair after Subarachnoid Hemorrhage", Poster, Neurocritical Care Conference.
- Frontera JA, Gowda A, Grilo C, Gordon E, Winn HR, Bederson J and Patel A. (2009). "Predictors of Recurrent Angiographic and Symptomatic Vasospasm after Endovascular Angioplasty or Chemical Vasodilation in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage", Poster, Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM), selected as a finalist for the SCCM award in clinical research.
- Frontera, JA, los R. K. de, E Gordon, A Gowda, C Grilo, N Egorova, A Patel, and JB Bederson. (2011). "Trend in Outcome and Financial Impact of Subdural Hemorrhage", Neurocritical Care. 14.2, p. 260-6. .
- Frontera, JA, A Gowda, C Grilo, E Gordon, D Johnson, HR Winn, JB Bederson, and A Patel. (2011). "Recurrent Vasospasm After Endovascular Treatment in Subarachnoid Hemorrhage", Acta Neurochirurgica. Supplement. 110, p. 117-22.