Availability of COVID-19 Vaccine
Each state has developed its own guidelines and distribution system for COVID-19 vaccines. While anyone working, living or being educated in New Jersey can receive the vaccine in New Jersey, you should check with the state where you reside to determine if you may be able to access the vaccine more quickly in your home state.
New Jersey Vaccine Guidance
Beginning January 14, in addition to the Phase 1A and IB groups already approved to receive the vaccine, the following New Jersey residents are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccination:
- Ages 65 years and older
- Between the ages of 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the CDC, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus*
If you have preregistered at the NJ vaccine website, http://covidvaccine.nj.gov, and are now eligible, you should soon be receiving your email that it is your time to make an appointment at a site near you to get your first vaccine dose.
* Individuals at High Risk (Phase 1B) (effective 1/14/21)
Individuals age 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Down Syndrome
- Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
- Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
Individuals who are pregnant and those in an immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant are also eligible but should follow CDC guidance and first discuss vaccination with their medical provider before receiving the vaccine.
We encourage you to pre-register for the vaccine even if you are not yet eligible, so that you are notified as soon as you become eligible. Please use this link: https://covidvaccine.nj.gov/. For additional information about the phases and priorities, please review this website: https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine. Please check back regularly as the guidance changes often.
For additional information about the phases and priorities, please review this website: https://covid19.nj.gov/pages/vaccine
New York State Vaccine Guidance
- Guidelines for New York State can be found here: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
- To determine if you are eligible and to schedule an appointment, check here: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
Hoboken Vaccine Guidance
- The City of Hoboken has launched a pre-registration process for seniors in Hoboken to register for a COVID-19 vaccine appointment. All Hoboken seniors 65 years of age and up are invited to register with the City at http://www.hobokennj.gov/seniors.
- On January 14, residents 65 years of age and up are eligible to receive the vaccine.
Jersey City Guidance
Please visit this website for information: https://jerseycitynj.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=6189744&pageId=17287319